🥀 Chapter 72 🥀

Euphoria or misery? Euphoria. The beginning stem of happiness was planting a delicate and fragile seed in the moist soil, awaiting patiently for a flower to grow. Gaiety was sprinkling droplets of fresh water on the seed and feeling the rays of the sun embrace the soil. Glee was watching the seed with attentive eyes every second of the day, wanting to capture the moment when it bloomed. Elation was a stem, igniting a jocund glow, imitating a rabbit by jumping out of the soil. Contentment was descrying how the stem grew taller and now touched the scoops of white amassed in the sky. Ecstasy was the satiny stem being bestowed on a flamboyant bud to blossom flowers with. Exultation was the bud gradually growing leaves and transforming into a powdery red garnet, the gemstone that represents love and commitment. Bliss was the crimson bud peeking its petals into the world, staring at the sky and then glancing at the soft grass around it. Exuberance was an aglow rose's radiant petals sprouting naturally, one petal at a time. Euphoria was a bloomed rose, relishing in love for itself and for someone else. Misery. It would be a sin if that word crossed my mind on such a day. This very day was going to produce a memory that would be stored in my mind for eternity and I didn't need misery to plague it. Today was the long awaited and anticipated wedding day. Every time I reminded myself that I was about to be wed in a few hours, made me giddy. I inhaled, holding an important piece of paper in my right hand. The paper felt soft against my skin and the words on the paper warmly welcomed me to a new beginning. I exhaled, smelling the scent of fresh, ironed suits float on the left side of me and the scent of watery camellia tea float on the right side of me. There was a refreshing feeling of exhilaration mixed with euphoria that was growing in my heart like a rose's petals pirouetting in the sun's hues. An aroma of elation whirled around the blood vessels in my heart, making it beat faster than it probably should. Such excitement could not be possibly contained as an airy smile danced on my lips. The smile didn't fade, even when Mukuro pulled on my blazer for the tenth time in the last minute. This action resulted in me nearly falling off of my chair. I cleared my throat and straightened my back, feeling my torso click three times with dismay. Mukuro's hands fumbled with the piece of gold thread she was securing from the sound. She was currently sitting on the floor, two meters away from me. Her vicious frown was visible from the corner of my pupil. She glanced up at me, her glare appalling the walls of my room. Her hands carefully placed the gold thread down, along with her silver needle.
"Please stop moving Nagito. The wedding is in an hour and your blazer is still not prepared yet. Izuru is probably dressed by now and we have ran into a predicament," Mukuro grumbled with a sigh, picking up her needle again. She entwined the gold thread with the needle, resuming her stitching. Even when Mukuro was far away from me, one could smell her scent, which was crisp cotton sheets drying in a summer's morning. A whiff of tea directed my eyes to the right side of me, where my mother stood staring at my long blazer with eyes of bright awe.
"Your blazer is magnificent. The diaphanous white fabric reminds me of a thin stratocumulus cloud drifting above the harbour," my mother stated, glueing her eyes onto the fabric. She took a step back to admire the work of art Mukuro had produced. My attire was simple when referring to the shirt, trousers and shoes. They were all a pristine white, with not a speck of dust on them. The true star of the show was the blazer. The blazer was a masterpiece with perfection spilling from every delicate seam sewn. It was made from a clean, plain sheet of white silk that had been produced recently. The milky silk had been transformed from its original, mundane white state to an era of gold embroidery. The arms and the rim of the blazer were infused with golden threads that had been woven into intricate designs. Those designs resembled an exquisite pattern of freshly picked red spider lilies. These flowers had been embroidered with such precision, that they looked as if they were moving when the winds would rustle the blazer. Though the procedure of embroidering silk may be tough, Mukuro had managed to do it with her bare hands and a small needle. She also tailored the blazer perfectly, making it sit right on my shoulders. Majority of blazers stop at the waistline, however, the blazer I was wearing resembled a coronation robe. In other words, the blazer's lengths surpassed my height and created a pool of milk behind me. If I could remember correctly, when the blazer had hit the floor, it spread behind me for two meters before stopping. The feeling of the cloth behind me was slightly strenuous on my back, however, the pain was mild. I felt another tug from the stitching Mukuro was doing. Though the blazer was perfect, one of the flowers at the very bottom of the rim had come undone. It was obvious that this was due to my bad luck. On the bright side, Mukuro had managed to gather enough gold threads to mend it and she was currently doing that now. I was very thankful to Mukuro and I should make a mental reminder to buy her something later in gratitude. I studied my appearance with the vanity, that Kirumi randomly placed in the middle of my room in a rush. There was not much to be done with regards to my appearance. Honestly, these past two hours, that had passed after I woke up, were filled with conversations with my mother and getting my attire ready. Though, I wrote my vow for the wedding two days ago and I have been reciting it ever since. I've recited it to my mother multiple times and yet I keep messing up at the end. It's rather troubling but I'm sure that if I keep practicing, I will memorise it. Apparently, weddings that happen in Hell are not fairly religious compared to weddings in Heaven. I don't have the slightest clue as to what the priest or demon that is hosting this will say. I furrowed my eyebrows. Are there even priests in Hell? I bit my lip and glanced down at the piece of paper in my hand that had my wedding vow on it. I wanted to read it a couple of times before I went out to the ceremony. Judging from the time, the guests should be arriving soon. I can't afford to mess up my wedding vow in front of them. I shook my head. I can't get nervous now, not when I've been excited for this. I felt a piece of my blazer get lifted up with dainty fingers. I tilted my head slightly to the right, feeling stiff as if I were a mannequin. My mother tilted her head and narrowed her eyes at the fabric she was holding.
"The gold stitching is impressive as well. Mukuro, thank you so much for designing my son's wedding attire," she stated towards the tailor, who was still sitting on the floor. Mukuro gave a small, appreciated nod in response and continued to concentrate on the stitching. I examined how far the tailor had come with her restitching the flower. I gulped when I realised she was nearly done. Hastily, I focused my attention back to my vow. My arms, feeling rigid from the blazer's cloth, reopened the paper. I studied the text on the sheet of paper once more, until I felt a hand on my shoulder. My mother glanced at the paper and then at me with a smile.
"You will do just fine Nagito," she stated with a firm voice, "Your vows should be spoken from the heart and your words will flow out naturally, I promise."
I scrunched up my eyebrows, trying to infer if she was merely just comforting me or was telling the truth. After a moment, I nodded in response. Even if she was just trying to calm me down, she was correct. Wedding vows were exchanges of promises and promises always came from the heart naturally. I inhaled and exhaled with a smile. I will be fine.