🥀 Chapter 65 🥀

Dedication or apathy? Dedication. The epitome of a marriage was a ring. The symbolic presence of a wedding ring relates to dedication, love, respect and fidelity. In other words, it shows the commitment of two people who love each other and devote their hearts to one another. This loyalty is meant to last a lifetime, equally showing the beauteous journey that they have embarked on during their time together. The same moments that they had conversed with each other about their opinions, thoughts and feelings. The same days where when one felt hopeless, the other had succeeded to comfort them. The same hours when they worked together to build a bond that others longed for. The same minutes and seconds where they would exchange the words, I love you. It was the little minutes and the long hours that changed everything. When referring back to the ring itself rather than the story behind it, one would realise that the ring was a circle. This circle was commonly made from either gold or silver. There was always a reason though as to why the way the ring was designed is so important. A circle is infinite, in the sense that there is no end nor a beginning. It shows how the love in the relationship is endless and that it would last forever supposedly. However, of course, a wedding ring can be seen as infinite, the start of a new beginning or the finale of the relationship. Whether you believe that the ring represents either one of those things, it still holds the same value of dedication. Apathy. Despite rings being the brilliant essence of love and dedication, bonds can break and snap into a million little pieces. It can sometimes take one mistake and everything falls apart. Sometimes the fault borne with only one person, while other times it is borne with two. In the end though, a broken relationship cannot be rekindled especially when something severe has happened. The once promising wedding rings would snap in half and all that would be left was a mundane piece of metal not fit for any finger. For a bond to snap and be lost in questions, fights and disagreements. For a ring to never see the light of love again, it was terrifying. It would always be petrifying though, establishing a forever lasting bond with someone only for the word forever to be a lie. However, I prefer to not think like that. I want to know the person, angel or demon I love inside out before I marry them. Just so that I know that not only am I the one for them, but they're for me. I shook my head, whether or not I'm getting engaged at the end of this shouldn't be what's on my mind. I glanced around the ice rink once more, despite not even being able to see anything. If I squinted my eyes hard enough, I could see an outline of the contestants but that was it. The outline of the demons were blurry because of the lights being out. I didn't even know why it's pitch black. I groaned silently, not wanting to alert anyone of my frustration. Also, that sound of someone falling didn't help either. Judging from where the sound was, it was on the other side of the rink. That was the same side Izuru was on. I could try to skate further towards that specific side where Izuru is meant to be, however, judging from how well I skate I may just fall over. I glanced down at my hands, which looked more like inky smears in the darkness rather than hands. They were clearly shaking, as if I were situated in freezing temperatures. The worry of being in the unknown right now was clearly visible on my face and there was nothing I could do about it. I inhaled a deep breath, not wanting to panic. Panicking, when on unfamiliar grounds such as ice, would be the last thing I want. If I lose my balance, then I may fall. I exhaled, feeling slightly better but the feeling of fret still taunted me. I furrowed my eyebrows and glanced around one last time. There was nothing that I could visibly see at all. The contestants had equally gone silent, as if even they were trying to detect what was going on. In my composition, I never planned for the lights to go out, for the music to stop or even for a disruption. There was just meant to be a peaceful and short ice skating routine that may or may not please the audience. Although, this whole situation seems rather staged in my opinion, as if someone wanted or planned this to happen. It would be a misfortune if the lights and music happened to fluctuate due to some electricity problems. However, for both of those to turn off and for a crashing sound to occur was rather bizarre and too coincidental. I sighed and contemplated my options. I could either go off of the rink and try to find Kirumi. Hopefully, she would be able to find a solution or even get a grasp as to what has happened. The second option is to find Izuru, who may have just caused the crashing sound, and see what he says. As much as I would like to find Izuru to make sure that he was fine, it would be easier for me to get off of the rink. That way I can figure out how to turn the lights back on. Besides, I was still new to skating and I don't want to trip in my state of alarm. I turned around, my body weight shifting uncomfortably from side to side making me wobble. I moved my right foot first, ready to skate over to the rink's exit, when there was a gasp. I frowned and turned my head to the contestants but I couldn't see where the gasp had come from. I turned my position around to see if anyone had gasped behind me, but as expected there was no one. Then, I felt something on my head. My face twisted into a confused one, as I looked up to see the ceiling. There, falling in all of its glory, was confetti.
"Confetti? How is there confetti?" I questioned in a whisper, only for the deep silence of the rink to respond back. The confetti fell peacefully from what seems like the ceiling. I don't understand at all as to why confetti is falling. I stretched my arm out, letting the pieces of glossy paper fall right into my hand. Two pieces sleepily slumped into the palm of my hand. I examined it for a moment. They seem like normal confetti pieces. One was white, while the other was a metallic red. I turned the white piece of rectangular confetti over to see the back of it. There was something there but because of the pitch blackness around me, I couldn't see it. I carefully picked it up and held it right in front of my eye for a better look. On the other side of the white piece of confetti, was a small drawing of a rose. I raised an eyebrow. I then glanced my eyes over to the red piece of confetti. I then proceeded to lift that red piece up. There was a white rose on it. I dropped both of the two pieces on the floor as I felt the confetti start to gather on my head and almost stick to it. These pieces of paper were clearly well detailed, it's just that I don't know what they mean. Yet again, I was clueless and somewhat curious as to the whole situation. However, for some reason, I think that I have misinterpreted what is exactly going on.