🥀 Chapter 24 🥀

Simple or complex? Simple. It is the life people want to live. It is the life people choose to live. A little star, however, had to disagree with this. The star was one of the brightest stars in the sky among its group. When people would look up at it, the star's brilliance mirrored in their dilated orbs. Of course, with being such a bright star every other star in the sky knew it. One day, although, the star had a dream while sleeping. The dream was about the eight planets getting closer and closer together. When the star woke up to greet the solemn moon, it did not know what to think of the dream. Was it a warning? It did not know and it did not want to think further on it. It was just a dream. The star carried on smiling a blankly, courteous smile during the night. Until night was over and it was time to sleep again as the sun beamed in the sky. Yet again, the star had a dream. This time the planets were now so close together, they were colliding. It was like watching a video in slow motion. Multiple bright lights spread as the planets plunged into each other. The lights were even more blinding than all of the stars in the sky. Little blue and auburn rocks spread to the left and to the right. More rocks unrolling into the sky by the second. The star woke up being startled. It was seeing the strings of fate falling apart, the wings of heaven shredding its feathers. The planets and stars were melting away, their lights leaving us in the dark. The star knew that this was a warning but it didn't want to tell anyone. It didn't want its simple life to be ruined. Complex. It was the star being brave and telling the other stars that something bad was going to happen. Something that would make space never be the same again. The stars were worried, but knew what to do. They were just going to have to stop the collision. Despite how complicated their lives may get, they need a resolution. I've lived an interesting life all my life, I wonder how life will be after the competition. If I won, then I would stay in Hell, but what would happen if Izuru found out the truth after he married me? That I am not a demon, but an angel. I don't know what he would do. I don't even want to think about if I would get a punishment of some sort. This is Hell, they must be quite harsh. Perhaps banishment from both Heaven and Hell? I shook my head and bit my lip. My hand travelled up the staircase as we walked away from the noisy place. It was as if someone had hit the mute button on the chattering that had once surrounded us. Instead of walking, Kokichi jumped on the stairs. He would run up three and then jump over two. He's really energetic, surprisingly. I am not too sure about the task we are exactly going to do here but it must have something to do with Kokichi's organisation. Apparently, they have been doing multiple pranks around the different areas of Hell and they've caused other demons stress. That's all I know about it, though. My hand met with one of the drawings on the staircase, the bumpiness making my eyes look at it. It was a drawing of someone. I can't tell who, though. I moved my hand a little to the left. There was a name carved next to the drawing, something beginning with the letter s.
"Nagito?" Izuru called up from the top of the staircase. I blinked a couple of times and looked up. The light in front of Izuru made a shadow of his mask reflect onto the floor. A little shade of gold sitting on the carpet below me. I smiled, he looked even more majestic when the light shone on him. I nodded and jogged up the stairs, not wanting to make him wait more than I already had. Kokichi was already far away from us. It looks like he had gotten ahead of us with his jumping. Another rotary dial was placed on a small oak table on the second floor. The table was situated right next to the top of the stairs, so you wouldn't miss it. Kokichi waited in front of it for a second before it started ringing and he picked it up.
"Yep, yep and yep! He's here, in all of his glory," Kokichi smiled and waved at Izuru. Izuru simply staring at him in return. Kokichi absentmindedly nodded at the phone, forgetting that no one can see another person on the other side of a rotary phone.
"I already know that!" Kokichi frowned and then started to grin. "That's a lie! I didn't know that, thanks for the information."
Kokichi smiled and then smashed the phone down. The phone made a soft noise as the telephone cord fell onto the table. I tilted my head. The cord from the table was shockingly long, it was not only wrapped around the phone, but dripping besides the table, too.
"Well, what are we waiting for?" Kokichi shrugged and then skipped off into the distance. The lights in the corridor were fairly dim but you could still see slightly. Across the timeworn wood floor, was an immaculate, plum coloured carpet. The carpet had a dusty sliver stitching on the edges and led up to the end of the hallway. I looked to the left at one of the walls. Rich wisteria baroque wallpaper was stuck on the walls. Along with that were large framed photos of different demons. However, on each of the photos were scribbles of moustaches, glasses and demon horns. I fixed my mask a little as I stopped to have a look at one of the photos. It was a demon, a woman who looked very young, but was most likely in her mid thirties. She was very pale though, deathly pale, as if a white paint brush had demolished her face. Her eyes were a milky green, but a sad green. A green empty of life. Her smile, though, seemed to be the only thing happy about her. It was a soft smile even though her lips were incredibly chapped. My eyes travelled to the left side of her face, where thin layers of curls sat. Her curls were white, with pastel blue tips at the bottom. She was a very pretty woman, but a very familiar one too. Who is she? Her face is right there in the back of my mind, but I can't seem to put a finger on it. I looked around the hallway and at other photos. The woman's photo was one of the only ones that had not been scribbled on. I bit my lip, this was definitely going to bother me. Where have I seen this face before?