🥀 Chapter 16 🥀

Purity or manipulation? Purity. It's a swan pirouetting in the ocean. They represent beauty and cleanliness. They are dripping with elegance from the way they glide across the tranquil ocean, to the way they spread their fair, white wings in the crisp air. The feathers on their wings are fluffy yet stern, creating the perfect balance. They flap their wings every so often as they swim. Their swimming is graceful as they avoid touching any plants floating in the water. In all reality, not only the appearance of the swan is beautiful, but also the personality of the swan as well. They're loyal creatures and they protect their loved ones as well as never deceive them. However, being such a pure and protective creature takes hard work. A swan may look graceful as they're swimming, but in the ocean they are moving their feet rapidly. So rapidly that you can barely see the feet itself. If you were to have a look at the feet, all you would see is black swirled and blurred together. At the end of the day, if you love someone and you want to protect them, it would take hard work. Manipulation. It's a swan that is unlike the others. It watches other swans from above. Waiting until they mess up and then trying to find a way to intervene in their mess to make the situation a whole lot stickier. They enjoy being devilish and they love being a trickster. Awful situations entertain them, but they could also frighten them. After all, who doesn't get frightened once in a while. Also, these types of swans learn to adapt to new surroundings and can completely forget their old ones- as if they didn't care about it at all. In other words, they are impure and I know for a fact: that this girl in front of me is impure. Celeste twirled her thick hair with her bony finger. She scanned me up and down before sighing and acting all high and mighty.
"I heard from a little bird that you were feeling sick, I just came to ask how you were doing but if my presence is such a bother you can ask me to leave," she started and made a sad expression. I frowned, she could do so much more better than that. I folded my arms and eyed her sternly before sneezing and losing my composure. I rubbed my nose irritably.
"My, my, your nose is all red. I suppose that a flower might come in handy?" she smirked and glanced bedside her, seeing if anyone was there. She tilted her head and looked to the other side, doing the same thing. I bit my lip, holding back a cough. Alright, she must have been spying on both Izuru and I last night. However, what does that have to do with anything? What exactly is she planning?
"I know exactly why you want this flower so bad and I am offering my help," Celeste giggled and walked away, leaving me not responding to her. I took a step forward and cupped my hands to my mouth.
"I don't need your help, thanks! Plus, you are better off helping someone else rather than someone disgusting like me!" I exclaimed and and let my hands slip down from around my mouth. Despite the fact that she heard me, she didn't turn around. I sighed and straightened my tie a little before heading the same direction as her and into the dining hall. The noise of chatting and forks clattering with knives abruptly seeped in my ear. I opened the doors and the chatting stopped for a second, demons looking to see who had come in before resuming. I scanned the room for Celeste. I twisted my head left and right before catching a glimpse of one of her huge pigtails. I blinked and moved a little to the right, she was talking to Kirumi. I frowned, and sniffed once again. I don't understand what her plan is. Suddenly, I saw a familiar robot run up to me. Kiibo was holding what seemed to be a pink grape and shoved it in my hand. I blinked a couple of times before sniffing again.
"Hi Nagito! I hope that you've had a good morning and I actually have a favour to ask of you," he smiled cheerfully, before pointing to the grape in my hand.
"I want you to eat that and tell me what it tastes like," he stated with an upset look in his eyes.
"I can accept the favour, but why do you want to know what it tastes like?" I questioned him while examining the grape. It was quite small and questionably pink in colour.
"It's actually a muscat beauty grape, which is surprisingly pink. I have a food catalogue stored in one of my memory files, however, I don't recall ever seeing this grape," he replied enthusiastically. I nodded, it makes sense. He was almost doing it for scientific purposes.  I glanced behind Kiibo to see the trays and trays of food were almost gone. The extravagant and mysterious assortment of fruits were halfway through, gone along with the plain, other types of breakfast as well. I picked up the grape with my left hand and plopped it in my mouth. I chewed it a bit, of course my taste buds are messed up due to my cold and the grape tastes nearly of iron. However, I can still make out a little bit of the original taste.
"It almost tastes floral and it's very light," I concluded, examining Kiibo's face light up.
"Perfect, I'll record it down," he smiled, his black wings fluttering with glee in the air.