🥀 Chapter 3 🥀

Love can be multiple things. Confusion or happiness? Confusion. It's kind of like a painting, at the start it's a blank piece of paper waiting patiently to be filled with colours. A smear of pink gets scraped onto it; the artist is clearly in love. However, over time a symphony of colours get poured onto it. The image has royal blue, violet, magenta, crimson, jade and butterscotch yellow. The painting is so messy and the colours are everywhere. The artist doesn't know what they are feeling. That's confusion. Happiness is the opposite. The painting is blank once again. The artist does an ombré of blue. Turquoise to azure. They draw the clouds, the sun and the grass. An imagery of the park is stuck in their head and soon the painting that was once blank becomes the park. It was the park on a summer's day. A day where the artist was in love and happy. That's happiness. Love can be odd, but in the end, happiness should be shown on the painting, not confusion. Although, I can't exactly speak from experience.

•🥀•

Love can be multiple things. Happiness or dullness. That is the way I see it. You can be happy with the life you have whether it is the most luxurious one or the most indifferent one. However, you can also have a dull love life where you have boring conversations with your partner and sooner or later you develop blank eyes. Eyes filled with misery. If I were to get married, which I am, I would not want to have a dull life. Although, I do see most things as boring. Very well, the way I see things must be different to how others see things. A soft melody of footsteps could be heard outside of my bedroom door. I placed my hand on the gelid door knob and carefully opened it. There running down the palace's hallway was Kirumi. What was she doing? If I were to infer from the worried look on her face, she was going to the Heaven realm. Why she is doing that is beyond my comprehension. Perhaps, meeting a fellow friend? However, if she were to be doing something shady then I must know what it is. I walked swiftly into my broad closet and grabbed my jet black cloak. I draped it over my shoulders, the golden embroidery covering my arms. My hair danced under the cloak as I took some strands off of my pale face. I made my way back to my bedroom. I gently put my soft skinned hand on the wall and after a few minutes a white portal opened up. As a prince, it is fairly easy for me to open and close portals. I can get to wherever I want, whenever I want. Although, I am busy running a whole realm and I don't have time for procrastinating my work. The swirls of gold in the portal meant that I could jump in. I walked into the portal and gradually closed my eyes. I opened them to see that I was in Heaven. I darted my red eyes around, trying to see Kirumi. Her footsteps started to become inaudible. I looked to my right and there she was. Going over to a house which was quite considerably secluded from the main road. I followed where she was going and hid behind a tree that had crystal leaves rather than normal ones. The door opened and a girl with two pink pigtails came stepping out. Junko Enoshima. I have memorised the profiles of every single demon and without a doubt she was one of them. Her black wings were hidden in a stylish pink and white coat so that no angel would see them. If an angel were to see them, then she would be sent to hell with a punishment. I would of course decide the punishment. Alongside Junko was another girl, Sonia Nevermind. She is Heaven's princess like I am Hell's prince. I tucked my hair behind my ear and kept waiting patiently. The person who actually owns the house has not come out yet. Junko walked down the white marble stairs and carried on walking away from the house. All of a sudden, a boy with the most perfect, fluffiest marshmallow hair came out. I couldn't see his face but I could see his black wings. I know for sure that this boy is not a real demon. However, who is this boy?

•🥀•

"Goodbye Junko! Thank you," I yelled as she rolled her eyes and skipped off. I started ruffling my soft hair away from face when Kirumi gave me a concerned look.
"Listen, I do not have much time. I will need to create a portal in your bedroom as fast as I can," she explained. I nodded and led her away from the door and into my room. She looked at the wall and hummed a soft tune. She then placed her hand on the wall and tried with all her might to open the forbidden portal. She started to dig her nails into my wall by mistake. What if she can't do it? Then poor Kirumi came all this way for nothing. I should have known better than to ask her. I focused on the portal that started to turn into a murky black. After the portal was completely black, Kirumi gasped for air and fell to the ground.
"Kirumi!" I stammered and squatted down to her side. Sonia did the same and she rubbed Kirumi's back as if to say 'well done.' Trash like me shouldn't have asked a powerful demon to help me. Even is she is a friend. She shakily got up and pointed at the portal.
"I am fine Nagito. L-look there is Hell's portal," she smiled and tried to regain her posture. Kirumi was always like that, she never wants to look tired nor unprofessional when doing a job.
"Listen, there are some things you need to know. Since you asked me to help you, I have booked you a hotel to stay in for the night. Tomorrow, you must go to the palace and announce that you will join the competition. It is up to the prince whether he accepts you to compete or not," she explained "Another thing, in Hell we all have forbidden actions. It is written on these bracelets," Kirumi continued to talk while she placed a bracelet on my wrist. "Ahh yes! The forbidden actions. I have heard about those," Sonia spoke up and had a look at my bracelet. Forbidden actions? I guess that Hell wouldn't all be red roses.
"Nagito Komaeda. Not allowed to talk about despair or hope!" I read out loud what it said on my bracelet. Not allowed to talk about hope or despair? That's one of the only subjects I do make a conversion about. If I weren't allowed to talk about that then, what would I talk about? This is the worst.
"That seems easy enough!" Sonia smiled.
"Not exactly," I mumbled and tugged at the bracelet. The fact that I had something on my wrist which I couldn't take off was making me flustered.
"Anyways Nagito, I have to go now," Kirumi sighed. Sonia headed towards the door and I followed. She held it open gracefully while I turned to look at Kirumi. She looked completely drained as her eyes were beginning to turn red from tiredness.
"Thank you so much Kirumi. I owe you one, anything you want! I wish that you could have stayed longer though," I smiled.
"I hope to see you at the palace tomorrow though, Nagito," she bowed.
"Of course you will," I replied back and she started to walk off onto the white cobbled road.
I watched her walk away until a figure caught my attention. Midnight locks dangled from the black, elegant cloak that he was wearing. He had purposely put the hood up so that no one could see his face, yet I knew that he was a boy. I trailed my eyes to where he was looking. It was at Kirumi. I walked down my white marble steps to get a better look at the boy, but he was gone as fast as I had seen him. He had ran to another tree while keeping a close eye on Kirumi. I never knew that a man could change his position that quickly. It had changed so dramatically and so quickly, like a watercolour painting in a rain.