🥀 Chapter 67 🥀

Unite or divide? Unite. A form of unity could be within the snowflake particles that combine to make snowballs. When snow takes a vacation to see the modern world, there's a shift of frost into the air. The temperature dips down into a negative number and stays like that for some time. The velvety particles fall from the sky and combine when they hit the ground. They build layers after layers of blankets on the concrete floor, transforming it completely. When the feathery ice crystals stick together and entwine, they can be sculpted into multiple objects. One of those many objects are snowballs. The soft particles feel just how cold it is and huddle together for warmth. The feeling of such temperatures never goes away in a snowflake's heart and yet it feels a sense of comfort when adhered with another one of its kind. There must be hundreds and possibly thousands of snowflakes in a snowball, cheering each other up on a winter's night. The snowflakes show unity when sticking together, for unity is the act of being together no matter what happens or what harsh winds may surround one. Divide. The act of division is when the snowflakes melt and the snowballs dissolve. When the temperatures sprout up towards the positive numbers and the chilling air starts to deflate, the little particles start to melt. The snowflakes divide into multiple sections for they no longer need the warmth of another particle. It gets warmer within the atmosphere and the snowflakes melt, never to be seen again. That little, flamboyant particle gone within a blink of heat. From being sculpted to melting, from being cold to warm and from being something and not being there at all. The act of division is a fatal one. The snowflakes melting and vanishing after their time is up proves it. The snowballs that show unity can show division equally as well. However, the snowflakes knew that if they can get through feeling their pain, they can get through healing their pain. One of my eyelids fluttered open, before closing once again. After a minute had passed, my left eye popped open and then proceeded to shut. It was as if both my eyes were refusing to experience a grand new day filled with the unexpected. My eyelids stayed onto my eyes with strong adhesive, refusing to let me see anything but tones of black. I frowned and lifted my hands to my face, rubbing my eyelids despite knowing my eyes may get irritated from that action. Finally, after multiple fatal attempts, my eyelids unrolled fully and my eyes could finally see a cacophony of colours instead of darkness. I blinked a couple of times before groggily standing up from my bed. One touch from the cold ground caused my feet to be assimilated and tortured with immense pain. After getting my eyelids to move, I was then challenged with getting my feet to move. This was a nightmare. I groaned as I realised that my feet were sore from all of the ice skating I had done yesterday. The image of me practicing and practicing portrayed in my mind in a wearisome manner. I shook my head, I needed to start getting ready for I was going to be busy today. My head feels slightly dazed, but I should be alright. I moved my left foot and then my right foot, as if I were trying to practice how to walk again. My movements were drastically slow like the moon expressing its lunar phase. I strolled painfully over to the bathroom and got prepared and organised for the day. I've become quite quick with showering and changing in my routine. Once done, I walked over to my bed and lifted up the sheets. Truthfully, I'm still in my dorm room where all of the other dorm rooms were for the contestants. However, I don't know what will be happening with the room I will be staying in from now on. Not only that, I assume that Kirumi will be changing the dorm rooms into normal meeting rooms for the palace. If this is the case, then I will have to go somewhere else. I dropped the pillow onto the left corner of the bed, the softness of the pillow entwined with the bedsheets as it fell. I whipped my head around, already getting abnormally used to the pain in my feet. The suffering should subside soon though. My feet dragged my body and my sleepy eyes to the door. I lifted my hand towards the doorknob and tenderly opened the door. The sound of my peaceful room's air conditioning was destroyed and ripped apart within an inch of the door being open. My sleepy state evaporated in a minute as I saw what was exactly transpiring outside my soundproof door. Royal workers flooded the halls with boxes, some boxes stuffed with teal and orange sheets and some empty boxes. There was packaging smeared all over the floor outside my door as well as pieces of random fabric. The sound of talking and footsteps was quadruple times tumultuous than what the contestants even produced. I immediately felt an overwhelming sense of chores and wanted to shut my door. I glanced around, trying to get a grasp as to what they were exactly doing. It seems that the royal workers near the dorm rooms are carrying empty boxes. I guess that those empty boxes are being used to fill whatever has been left in the dorms from the contestants. I scratched my hair as I manoeuvred my eyes to the right. The royal workers with the overflowing boxes seemed as if they were just flying around like fireflies with no light. I don't even know where they are going. I closed the door of my room, gaining some glances from the royal workers before they carried on with whatever sorcery they were doing. I leisurely walked away from my door with no location in mind. I blinked and scratched my forehead, confused. The competition is over now and all of the contestants are gone. I stopped walking when I realised that I didn't know where I was meant to go. I made an asymmetrical frown. I'm not sure whether I should go to the dining hall for breakfast, or maybe I should find Izuru. I hummed. Perhaps I should find Kirumi too while I'm roaming around, I can ask her about all of this commotion. If all of these royal workers are participating in chores, then Kirumi must be around here somewhere ordering them about. I just need to alert my ears and eyes for her. I scratched my head as a feminine voice, different from all of the royal workers alerted my attention.
"I'm thinking of teal, orange, fuchsia and white. If we're going for the colour fuchsia, we can add some actual flower fuchsias to the entrance," someone spoke, their voice was familiar but at the same time unidentifiable. It had a feminine and harmonious tinge to it though. Another voice, whom I immediately could tell belonged to Kirumi, laughed.
"Well, that would be delightful but I used the colours teal and orange for the Valinime invitations," Kirumi sighed as I heard their voices getting closer. If I wasn't confused enough, a third voice mixed into the conversation.
"We can ask Nagito later," the third voice started before they gasped. "Actually, what wonderful timing. Nagito is right there!"
At the sound of my name, I turned around hurriedly to see who exactly were talking. The trio standing before me were none other than Sonia, Queen Kaede and Kirumi. The first voice must have belonged to Kaede and the third voice must have belonged to Sonia. I furrowed my eyebrows, I'm surprised that I didn't figure out it was them sooner. I wonder what Queen Kaede and Sonia are doing here in Hell though. I was under the impression that they were busy controlling a whole realm.
"Congratulations Nagito," Kaede was the first to exclaim. She rapidly proceeded towards me, her ivory, halter dress swishing as she did so.
Sonia followed her sister, with a radiant smile on her face as if my engagement was the brightest news she had ever received. The two sisters wore the same dress, which made them look more alike even though Sonia isn't Kaede's blood relative.
"Congratulations, indeed," Sonia beamed. It was true that Sonia did believe in me from the start, despite knowing that I was an angel. Though, I wonder if she's told Kaede that. Truthfully it wasn't a big deal if she did, after all Kaede seems trustworthy enough. I smiled in return, still wondering why they were here.
"Thank you," I stated gratefully. "What are you two doing here though?"
Kirumi cleared her throat and walked over next to them. Kirumi herself looked the same, but there was an essence within her that makes me think that she's been overworking. Sonia and Kaede both glanced at Kirumi, indicating that she was the one to answer that question.
"I have invited Queen Kaede and Sonia to assist me with the wedding preparations. They came to Hell to congratulate you and Izuru as well," Kirumi started before glancing to the side, as if she had more to say. "Actually on the topic of Izuru, he is currently in a meeting right now so he will join us later."
I nodded at the small but helpful piece of new information. It was lucky that I found Kirumi first, it would have been a lost cause to look for Izuru. I hummed. Kirumi mentioned wedding preparations, I am quite confident that I will also need to help with that.
"Izuru's three advisers have informed us about what was talked about in the previous meeting and we love the ideas so far," Sonia began with a cheerful voice. "However, they mentioned that you two were not as confident with the colour combinations so we were discussing a few right now."
Kaede nodded as her sister explained what was going on so far. I nodded. That's why they were talking about colours. That part made sense now. Sonia spoke with such a gentle and suggesting tone, which I assume was because she didn't want it to seem as if she was controlling the whole wedding. Both Kaede and Sonia are here to assist and support Izuru and I with the wedding, not to change the whole celebration. I smiled, I am actually quite glad that they are here. Kirumi glanced around the hallways and at the royal workers passing by with boxes. Her eyes enlarged for a second as if she remembered something needed to be done.
"We were just walking over to the ballroom hall, we suggest that you follow us Nagito. Before that though, let us go to the dining hall for breakfast," Kirumi suggested with a thoughtful glint in her eyes. I cleared my throat. Breakfast sounded good, I was actually quite hungry after waking up. Additionally, while Izuru is at his meeting, I should equally make myself useful and follow them.
"Perfect, good plan," I commented. Both Kaede and Sonia seemed enlightened when I agreed to join them. Though not joining them seemed a little idiotic considering this was my wedding and I need to be the one who plans it along with Izuru. I followed them with small stars embedded in my eyes, this will be a lot of fun.