16

GREENDALE

Pov Ambrose

My Aunt Zelda learned that Aunt Hilda is busy elsewhere this morning and strongly advised me to do a thorough inspection of the house.

I would never venture inside the house if I were not equally certain that Uncle Cerberus is also busy at the shop today.

I went inside the driveway of the house and once inside I walked towards the door and as I was about to open it a female voice stopped me in my intent. "What do you think you're doing? Have you totally lost your mind lately?"

Prudence really took me by surprise, I replied that it is under the strict coercion of the high priestess of Hecate's church that I am obliged to do what I was doing.

Prudence then asked me ironically "Is this a good excuse to stalk and sneak into your other aunt's house? It doesn't mean that if your Aunt Zelda is suspicious of her sister, you have to do everything she says without complaining."

You are right, but what is wrong with me?

I told her "You're right Prudence I don't know what got into me but disobeying my aunt Zelda is really difficult and then I also share in part her suspicions. In these days in which I followed Hilda I noticed some really ambiguous behavior for example yesterday is went to Riverdale accompanied by two boys I had never seen and then this morning she disappeared again without giving reasons. "

In the meantime, while I was speaking to her, Prudence observed me carefully and then made an observation "Ambrose I must remind you that Hilda is a mature adult woman and that she can do everything her witch heart desires without giving any explanation to you or to you. his sister? "

I replied that it was not necessary to remind me and that I knew very well but this feeling that she is keeping something very relevant to us hidden from us just doesn't want to go.

I don't really know what to do whether to get out of here and let go of it once and for all or to go into that house and look for the answers I seek.

"Prudence what should I do?"

She approached me and replied dryly "You have to let go of this story, damn Ambrose all this stealth is a thing more of your cousin than of you."

I laughed, Prudence is right this is something Sabrina would do and she certainly wouldn't let Prudence stop her from catching her out. In fact, she would most likely have asked to join her in doing the dirty work.

Later an idea came to me and the girl in front of me immediately exclaimed "No, no and again no I won't help you break into your aunt's house. Dream it!"

I begged her "Please Prudence, I really need to know."

She asked me "Why don't you ask her directly instead of entering her house without consent like a rascal?"

I replied "Because I'm pretty sure to say that if I asked her she wouldn't tell me anyway."

After several attempts she managed to convince Prudence to help me, she made me wonder how she had come to know of my intentions today but I let my doubts pass the moment we entered the house.

In the air you can breathe the aroma of freshly baked cakes, my Hecate how much I miss Hilda at the mortuary.

The following 30 minutes spent my partner and I in crime were spent inspecting every single inch of the house, always trying to respect the privacy of the owners of the house as much as possible.

Despite our careful research we have not yet found anything useful to formulate any hypothesis.

Prudence made a useful observation "As a woman I can tell you that if I had something to hide, I would hide it in my bedroom and it is the last remaining room of the entire property to be searched."

"Second, is this last attempt really worth it?"

She replied that since we two had already poked around the house it did not affect in any way what was done, in a nutshell she was telling me to enter that room and not to complain.

I wonder what my Aunt Hilda will think when she hears what we have in her house today, will she be angry?

This is likely to happen but being a very nice person and being that I am her only male nephew she will forgive me, if that weren't enough to escape trouble I will tell her that it was Aunt Zelda who forced me and that I do not center anything.

The room I just entered was nothing to make me suspect of anything, Prudence walked over to my aunt's cosmetics while I look in the dresser but nothing.

After looking almost everywhere we still found nothing, at that moment I began to think that the suspicions about my aunt were unfounded.

Just when I was beginning to resign myself to the harsh reality, she reluctantly opened a small casket in which a large number of letters and photos were answered.

My aunt Hilda has always been old-fashioned but I still didn't know she was that bad, I thought the times of correspondence in the form of letters and postcards had long since passed her.

Yet I was wrong out of pure curiosity I took one and read it, when I saw the signature of the sender of that letter at the bottom of the envelope I froze in place.

Sabrina Morningstar.

Here is what name I had read, but how is it possible my cousin has not spoken to us for many years and yet the data of the letter is recent, very recent.

For investigations I took two more and the sender is always the same, that's what my aunt Hilda kept hidden from us.

How could you do this to us?

How she was able to go so far witnessing our suffering and the continuous feelings of guilt that we all felt towards Sabrina.

How long has this been going on?

Worried Prudence asks me "What did you discover Ambrose?"

When she saw her letters too, she fell silent, she stood there staring in astonishment at that stray trunk full of correspondence between my aunt and my long-dead cousin.

I instinctively went straight to the Spellman house to report everything to my aunt Zelda.

***

10 minutes later

I teleported in front of the house and with a firm step I go towards the door, after being I go to the kitchen. Where I am sure to find my aunt, who will be enjoying her well deserved break with a cup of coffee and a newspaper.

My aunt, continuing to read her, asked me "Ambrose, hello, what is it? I feel you are lost in thought."

As I place letters from her in front of her, I say, "Look what I found at Aunt Hilda's house."

She asked me puzzled "What do I do with these letters?"

I just told her "Read them and you will understand".

She reticent she reads them and then she with a fit of anger beating a fist on the table.

She almost scares me, but she wasn't over there she in fact she exclaimed "This time I'm disintegrating your aunt, Ambrose".

She grabs the three letters and without saying any more words she leaves the house. I wonder if I was too impetuous in telling him, I hope I haven't made a mess.