17

GREENDALE

Pov Zelda

Seeing my niece again after so many years since our last meeting had a devastating effect on me, I feel a mix of emotions all confused with each other.

Right now my emotional state is made up of joy because I have seen my beloved niece again after many years, I feel anger towards my sister who has kept a secret from me that she and Sabrina have seen behind me all these years, guilt towards Sabrina on the fact that because of my strong character I never looked for her.

I feel really upset. Now the only thing I want is to lie down I still don't want to think about how much it hurt me to see the girl I consider a daughter treat me so coldly at our first meeting in so long.

My niece's icy tone still rings in my ears, for Sabrina to treat me that way means she's still hurt by the words I said to her that hellish night.

Entering the house I expected to find a deathly silence but instead I find myself in front of a scene to say the least absurd, there is Ambrose who is chased by Sabrina throughout the house and in the meantime she throws pillows at him.

Witnessing that scene my mood improved considerably because I am reminded of the times when we were a happy and united family when little Sabrina who with her older cousin, but who was mentally a little boy, played hide and seek around the house.

I still remember all the times that those two while playing happened that they broke something and I scolded them every time.

But then my fury returned and using a remarkably high tone of voice I exclaimed "Ambrose and Sabrina Spellman! Immediately stop chasing you like two kids, we're in a serious house not daycare!"

They stopped and exchanged a fleeting glance then turned my attention to me. "Is it possible to know Ambrose why your cousin is chasing you all angry around the house?

He told me that he had taken Sabrina by force and bound her to this house so that she would never run away from her and that he would give us a chance to talk to her.

From one point of view I can understand Ambrose's actions a person for the sake of a person would do anything, but from the other point of view I cannot accept it.

"Ambrose breaks the spell that holds Sabrina captive in this place, if she doesn't like being here at her house with her family it's her choice we can't force her to do something she doesn't like to do . "

Ambrose, having understood my point of view all dejected, did what I had told him and left without further ado towards his room, I wish with all my heart that she would stay and I will welcome her with open arms when she too wishes if it will never happen.

"Now you are free from this place and from us, you can return calmly to what is now your home without any of us preventing you. I wish you the best Sabrina."

She was silent the whole time staring at me in shock then nodded and headed for the exit of the house, before she walked through that door I asked her "Why when you came to visit your Aunt Hilda did you never decide to pop in here too? "

She replied in a low voice "And why did you never look for me aunt?"

What she says is true I have never looked for her and it was in that moment that my sister's words came back to my mind that because of my pride I was about to definitively risk losing one of the people I cared about most so I decided to do something unexpected.

"Sabrina I'm really sorry for everything I told you that night and for never looking for you in all these years. I don't know what came over me that time I spoke without thinking, I didn't really mean those words."

Sabrina turned to me and I saw a few tears fall down her cheeks and then I continued with my speech "You are like the daughter I never had to me, I could never really think about those terrible things, I'm ashamed just thinking about having said to you those horrible phrases. Please forgive me. "

She said with a trembling voice "In all these distant past years I have often thought that you did not mean those things but the doubt persisted anyway and hearing it now in person makes it much more credible."

At that point I was also moved and heard again "It's true aunt your words have hurt me and not a little but I am perfectly aware of the fact that I too have hurt you in the past and not a little, so I ask forgiveness from you too aunt."

My first instinct would be to go and hug her but I knew that for that it is still early and that she is not ready yet probably neither am I so it is better to take things calmly.

When I thought she was going to go she made me an unexpected request "Aunt what do you say if I stay here tonight, obviously if I don't cause any disturbance."

With my heart overflowing with joy I told her "Remember Sabrina this is also your home and it will remain so forever no matter what happens."

Having said that, I left the kitchen to resume reading the newspaper from where I had been interrupted earlier by Ambrose. This day seemed to have taken a negative turn when I learned about his secret from my sister but in the end it was all right.