Falling Apart

Seonghwa's POV

"Lady Y/N, your father has been murdered." The maid said. Never did I expect one to say that. Y/N let go of my hand and started running. I quickly ran after her.

Y/N's POV

Those words, pierced through my heart. I let go Seonghwa's hand and ran back to the palace.

We soon arrived at the palace. I quickly opened the door and saw Jungsu with a red stained shirt.

Blood.

"Are you okay Uncle Jungsu?" I asked. "I'm fine dear." He said. "Father what happened?" Seonghwa asked.

Seonghwa's POV

I see my father covered in blood. "Father are you okay? What happened?" I asked.

Suddenly I heard a gasp. I looked over to see Y/N with teary eyes. I turned my gaze to what she was looking at.

Uncle Kibum.

On the ground.

Lifeless.

Covered with blood.

Y/N ran over to him and held him in her arms.

I turned my gaze to the other side. A man. "Is this Kang Daesung?" I asked. "Yes." My father said.

"What happened?" I asked. "He wanted to be Ambassador. Wanted his son to marry Y/N. Kibum refused. And tried to kill him." He said, emotionless.

Marry Y/N? Yeah right. Like I would ever let that happen.

"Go to her." My father said.

I slowly went to Y/N. I put my arm around her. She looked at me. She quickly buried her face into my chest. "Who did this and why?" She cried. I softly grabbed her chin and turned her head towards Daesung. She cried more.

"Why did he do that?" She asked. "He wanted to be Ambassador. Your father refused. He wanted you to marry his son. Your father refused. That man, Daesung killed him." I said.

She silently cried in my arms. After a bit, I noticed that Y/N fell asleep. Dried tears on her cheeks.

'Don't worry, I'll protect you. I'll find out the whole truth behind this. I won't let this happen again. I'll do it all, For You'

The maids came and took my father to his room. "Excuse me, could you bring Y/N to my room?" I asked.

The maids took Y/N to my room. Soon after I went into the room. Y/N slept on my bed while I slept on the couch next to the bed. Soon I drifted off to sleep, not realizing my cheeks were wet.

Next Morning, Y/N's POV

I woke up to see myself in Seonghwa's room, but I couldn't see Seonghwa. For a few minutes I sat on the bed, reminiscing of what had happened the night before.

Why? Why would someone try to do this. First my mother, now my father. I wiped the small tears from the corner of my eyes and went to the dining hall.

"Good morning dear." I heard a voice say. It was Uncle Jungsu. He gave me a sad smile, while I returned.

"How are you feeling Uncle Jungsu?" I asked. "I'm fine dear." He said as looked away. I noticed that he wiped a tear. I slowly walked over to my seat which was next to Seonghwa.

"Y/N, if you want, you could stay with us until you feel a bit better." Jungsu said. "O-oh thank you for the offer, but I would like to go back home." I said. "If that is what you wish for. We will go home with you after eating." He said.