Part 30

Arnav met Pankaj that day .Pankaj was a very nice person. All he wanted as his daughter to be safe. After some regular enquiry from Pankaj's part just like any father who worries for his daughter, Arnav invited him for the Holi party that was organized by his grandmother which he agreed to attend.

That day night even after so much of complaining and pouting from Anjali, Manorama stood firm in her decision. She didn't even let Payal or Khushi to help in serving. Day after day Anjali realized there is no way her family will again treat her like a princess. She has lost that privilege.

One day evening a frustrated Anjali marched to Study room. Her cards were blocked. She took her frustration of limiting her social events out by online shopping. But much to her displease her cards were not working and she Knows whom to talk.

She was about to knock when she heard Akash And Arnav's conversation but what interested her was it was she who was the subject of discussion

"Are you sure of this Bhai? What if Jijaji file the divorce petition?"

A worried Akash asked

"I am not Akash. We can't do anything to change his mind. It is totally in his hand if he wants to continue this marriage. On some enquiry I understood it will be easy for him even if Di refused .You know with her previous mental health issues. No court will ask him to live with a mentally instable person."

"But she is not instable?" Akash was in a hurry to prove otherwise

"I know. But he could clearly point out her lack of involvement in married life supported with her previous medical history; court won't even consider giving time to reconcile. Thank god that he still considered my request to postpone his plan and give it one more chance. But I hardly see any things working. All I could see is she getting more and more away from us."

"What will we do bhai?"

"I don't know Akash. She hasn't realized yet how life changes. Me and you are married now, NK too will get married someday. We will have our life. Thank god that I got married to Khushi that day. I was never so happy and content in my life than this. I am sure it's same for you with Payal. We will live our life. What will happen to Di? She will be left alone Akash if she continue with her this attitude. She makes everyone away from her with her behavior. I really wonder now a day when will I be free from worrying about her. When will I see her living her life and be contented that she no more need me as an armor. I don't know."

Anjali stood there shocked hearing her brother's discussion. Her husband wants divorce and she has no idea about that. Her whole family knows this and they all didn't tell her anything. She slowly walked towards her room. Her eyes filled with tears.

Later that evening Manorama knocked Arnav's room.

"What happened mami? Why do you seem so worried?" Arnav asked seeing his mami's worried expression

"Chotte Anjali bitiya has been crying for a long time now. Damadji is worried if she will get panic attack again. He doesn't know how to deal with her. You know how she refuses to talk to anyone other than you. Please come me. I am worried bitwa...

"Come mami" Arnav hurried to his Di's room. He may be angry with her but the worry he was feeling cannot be concealed with his anger. He was, is always the caring brother of Anjali. Khushi too followed them.

Arnav entered the room to find a devastated Anjali. He went near her and sat beside her.

"What happened to you Di?" Why are you crying?" Arnav asked slowly trying to sooth her

"Chotte.....How can everybody hide from me that Shyamji wants a divorce. How can he think of it? Didn't you all confront him? How can you all let it happen?" Anjali opened her complained box