Part 4

Marriages got over, one after the other. Khushi didn't realize when she was brought to alter and when she took the pheras .All her thoughts were on how she is going to cope up with this sudden change in her life.

It was time for bidaai. Arnav saw his bride wiping her tears hugging her father. Payal is hugged and kissed by Garima and Madhumathi. He din't find Khushi bidding bye to them but he brushed it off not giving much thought to it. After consoling Khushi , Sasi approached him.

"Bitwa please take care of my Khushi. It was all sudden for her.so please be patient with her. "

Arnav could only assume how a father might be feeling to send his daughters with someone they barely knew and to trust them with his daughters' safety. So he reassured him in words he could gather.

"I will take care of her uncle and will try to keep her happy. Be assured. "

Sasi nodded and kept a hand in Arnav's head. Arnav was not used to these type of gestures from anyone other than his nani but now he should expect them from Khushi's family too as now she will be a part of his life.

Journey to shanthivan was short .Nobody said anything. He saw her wiping her tears sometimes but he doesn't know how to console her, so he kept his silence allowing her to gather herself .Khushi was getting nervous. She doesn't know how to control all the emotions she felt.She felt lost like the way she felt when there were no one to assure her she was not alone when her parents died. She was brought back by Arnav's sound.

Arnav noticed her lost face but didn't know how to approach her so he just asked

"Are you okay? We reached home.Here, take this" and extended his handkerchief to her.

Khushi looked at him for second . Then slowly nodded her head and took kerchief and wiped her eyes. She took some moments to compose herself. All the time Arnav waited patiently giving her time to compose and when he found her okay he asked

"Shall we go inside?"

Khushi again nodded her head.so giving a small smile he get down from the car and gave his hands to Khushi when he found her trying to manage her lehanga conscious to not step on her dress.

Khushi looked at the hands extended in front of her and then to Arnav's face .After getting assuring node from Arnav she placed her hand on his palm.

Her first willing touch of him. There was something in the touch which give her the much needed warmth. Soon they reached the door of shantivan where she saw her jiji and jijaji waiting for them. They have come in another car and has reached before them. Raizadas were waiting for them to perform grihavpravesh ceremony.

Manorama did the arathi and asked Khushi to kick the kalash and place her feet in kumkum water. Devayani explained it saying they are welcomed as the Goddess Lakshmi in their new home. Khushi after completing her Grihavpravesh saw her sister doing the same. It was followed by some ring searching game which Khushi just did as she doesn't want her jiji to miss these moments of joy. Devayani knew the elder couplewas not enjoying these games and teasing by the relatives. She can't expect them to be all okay and enjoy, giving to the condition they were in.so she quickly wrapped things up and asked Manorama to take khushi to Arnav's room and Anjali to take Payal to Akash's room.

Khushi was settled in the middle of the bed. She feared she may get a panic attack with the nervousness she felt. She got alarmed with the noise of door opening. Arnav entered the room to see a shocked Khushi who was as pale as paper. He walked towards the bed and sat, making sure to keep distance between them. After the initial moments of awkwardness Arnav begin the conversation.

"Are you ok?"

"Ji" that was all Khushi could manage.

"Khushi I know we didn't expect the events to turn out like this.so let's take some time  get to know each other and work this relationship. I promise to take effort from my side and work on this.you can take your own time to come in  terms with this relationship as it was all sudden and unexpected for you. Is that okay ?"

Relief washed over Khushi as the words left Arnav's mouth. To say she is more than okay with whatever Arnav said was an understatement.

"Ji" khushi again said.

Arnav couldn't help but to chuckle with khushi's response

"you know you could actually say something other than just "ji". Be comfortable Khushi .You don't have to be afraid of me."

Khushi managed to form a small smile ,but could not help with the nervousness she felt.

"Would you be comfortable in these cloths? If you want to freshen up feel free. Ok?

"Ji" again came the replay from khushi. Arnav just nodded and showed her washroom.

Khushi took her bath. She needed shower to relax and to calm herself. She was thankful that Arnav gave her time to adjust. She knew she will put everything in her for this relationship to work. She knew the value of  relationships. Being orphaned at a small age she knew how it was important to have somebody just to lean on when needed support or someone to give an assurance when needed. She came after taking her bath to see Arnav entering the room after freshening.

"I used the guest room "Arnav answered khushi's unasked question.

Khushi smiled and nodded,

"Shall we sleep? I am so tired" Arnav again broke the silence.

"Ji".Khushi thankfully answered.She need a proper sleep to settle all her feelings.

They both went to lay down on bed to avoid more awkwardness. Goddess of sleep was kind to them as she blessed them with sleep as soon as they hit the bed.