Part 37

Raizadas welcomed their new bride to their house grandly. Every function of marriage was enjoyed to bits by both Malhothras and Raizadas. They truly started living. Malhothras became an extended family to them because of their nature just like Pankaj's family. Arnav and Akash found a great friend in Sharavan during the functions.

Subhadra and Devayani waited for Manorama to join them as usual in their room. Their face reflected their inner joy.

"Your choice proved to be best Devayani" Dadi sincerely appreciated

"Did you see how happy Arnav is? I have never seen him this joyful and happy" Nani smiled

"Both Payal and Khushi takes care of Akash and Arnav .They love them, make them feel loved. They both are happy and their face says it all." Nani said

"Anju is happy too. She has learned to accept things. Didn't you see how willingly she helped Khushi and Payal in preparations and joined them for shopping and all. Khushi too accepted her help .She didn't hold anything against Anjali even after the things she did to her. Payal too seem to break her shell. She seem to be active during discussions .Don't you think Devayani? Her fried nodded accepting.

I feel like Shreya bitiya was always a part of this family. She interacts with all as if she knows them for long. She is so much like Khushi bitiya. Easily accepting ,compassionate."

Manorama entered the room interfering their conversation

"Where were you Manno?" Nani asked her bahu

"I was helping my daughter in laws with packing for their honey moon"

"It is good that Anju gifted Arnav a honeymoon package. She is really making amendments with Khushi and Arnav." Dadi commented

"Payal is literally forcing Khushi to pack some sexy lingerie there. Shreya hid herself in bathroom when I saw her night dresses Payal and Anjali forced her to buy during their pre wedding shopping." Manorama giggled like a child making the dadi and nani blush in embarrassment.

"Is Payal bitiya fine with this? You know she will be alone here." Nani asked concerned.

"Don't even start with that sasuma. Payal threatened Khushi bitiya to go for her honeymoon. Even after that Khushi accepted to go only if Payal and Akash go for a holiday trip after they return. Khushi already made arrangements not only for Payal but also for Anjali and Shyam."

"It was very funny when Arnav declined to go to the same place as Nk. Didn't you see how childish he behaved saying Nk will be a pest in their beautiful garden. I never expected Arnav to say something like that. Payal was making so much fun of Khushi for that .You were not less Manorama" Dadi said with a smile

"Or nahi tho Khya massiji...Who will think the Khadoos ASR to say romantic things"

They spend their time enjoying the happiness in their family.

During the honeymoon days Arnav and Khushi became more close...Like a single soul in two bodies. Days and nights where filled with joy, happiness and passion. Arnav and Khushi pampered each other to bits. They both craved for care, love and solace and they found them in each other.

It was two weeks days after Nk and Arnav has returned from their honeymoon. Payal didn't leave a chance to make both Shreya and Khushi blush. Payal truly started seeing Shreya as her own sister just like Khushi. Shreya and Khushi too made sure not to leave Payal behind in any moment. They included Payal equally in everything. They as decided had send both Anjali , Shyam and Payal , Akash for their holiday trip.

Khushi took her new responsibility in Amazing group. Things where difficult at first but Arnav and Pankaj helped her to cope up with that. Pankaj had fully shifted to Delhi with his family which helped Khushi a lot. Arnav also started looking Pankaj as a father figure.

Everyone were having dinner when Arnav got a phone call.

"What happened Arnavji" A panicked Khushi asked seeing the change in Arnav's expression. Arnav looked at his Dadi and nani and then sighed.

"It was ACP .Chachaji was rushed to hospital last this evening because of his worsened health condition. He fell unconscious in the prison so he was taken to GH immediately. Chachiji is there too with him. Doctors says he doesn't have much time as he not responding to their treatments. Chachaji regained conscious for a short time and he said he wants to see dadi,me and di. He says it's his last wish."

"Dadi eyes started tearing. He was her son. He may have acted reckless in the past but how will she tolerate this pain. The pain of seeing her son in death bed. She wants to see him but how will he demand Arnav to take her there after everything her son did."

"Let's go Arnavji. We will pick di on the way" Khushi said knowing he needs her.

"We are not going anywhere Khushi. I won't let that man ruin our present" Arnav shouted which made his dadi cry more. Arnav stood up and went back to his room.

"Khushi bitiya" Nani called her voice held doubt, pain, panic.

"He is her son nani.(showing dadi).She wishes to see him one last time and Arnavji and Anjali too need this. They deserves a closure." Nani nodded understanding her words.

Khushi went to her room and saw Arnav at poolside

"Let's go Arnavji. He must be an awful son but still he is dadi's son. She needs to see him if it is last wish. Not only her you and di too. You need a closure to your past. More than you di needs this. She will only let go of her past once she accepts that he won't cause anymore harm to you both .It is his last wish .I don't want you to regret later about not meeting him for a last time.Let's go and see him forgetting what he did. See him for the sake of the beautiful moments you may both have spent with him in childhood.See him for the relationship he share with your dadi."

"You will come with me".It was not a request , it was his need to have her beside him.

"Of course" Khushi assured placing her palm on his cheek.

They met Aadish Malik at hospital. In a short time he was conscious he apologized for everything he did in the past. Arnav looked at Khushi .She gave him a small nod assuring him to do the right thing.

"I forgive you chachaji. I forgive you for everything you did." Anjali did the same.She cried in Khushi's embrace. She badly wants to leave the past behind and move on. With Khushi's and Arnav beside her to support her she let go ofher grudges for this man. Aadesh smiled a little.

"Ma.."He called Subhadra and she sat near him in his bed and caressed his hear with all the love in her heart .Aadesh Malik breathed his last with a smile on his face.

Aadesh doesn't had any children so Arnav did the last right for his chachaji. He even invited his chachi to stay with him which she refused as she wanted to join an Ashram. Arnav knows he wouldn't have been able to forgive chacha if not for having Khushi beside him. His angel. She was right when she said to have a closure to his past. It relieved him.Now he is free from his past demons.