Part 3

RAIZADA MANSON

Devayani Raizada instructed Hari Prakash about the things to be arranged for grihapravesh of Gupta daughters. She was shocked to find her chote's to be bride with someone else and she was angered by the betrayal. But she could not sit and weep. She had to act fast. Her chotte agreed to marry for her happiness .He promised to marry any one she wanted. So she put forth the proposal to Guptas. She knew with the fear of payal's marriage they will agree to her proposal. She liked Khushi the instant she saw her. She had seen the girl help her family in preparations with a happy smile and had seen her behavior with guests. She is beautiful and educated too. A beautiful blend of qualities she wants in her chotte's wife. It was impossible for someone to not like her. She is like an angle with a magic wand which she just wave and make things around her perfect. If Anjali was not keen on getting Arnav married to her friend she would have selected someone like Khushi for her chotte.

Devayani thought of the day her chotte agreed to get married. It was a usual day where her chotte came late from his meeting. She was used to her chotte's dinner meetings. He has a habit of checking her before going to bed. On that day as usual Arnav peeked from the door only to find his nani crying looking at some photographs. He knew it's his mothers. So he went inside and sat beside her side hugging her. After some moments of silence Devayani took initiative to speak

" I wish she was here to take care of you"

"Why are you bothering yourself with unnecessary things nani? I am okay. We all are happy .what more does I need.?"

"Are you really happy chotte ?All you do is work and provide for every luxury of  this family but what about you chotte?. This is not the life. Where is your happiness in this? I am afraid chotte. If something happens to me ,who will take care of you?. Manohar and Manorama will care for you but they  too will get busy with Akash getting married and having a family . I don't trust Anjali to be there for you or support you when you need. All she ever does is to lean on you for support even after her marriage. Akash will get busy in his married life .Payal is a good girl so is Shyam. They will take care of Akash and Anjali. But what about you ?who will be take care of you.?"

"Why are you saying all this nani?. You know how I feel about marriage "

"I know beta but every marriages doesn't end up like your parents dear. Nobody will be there for us other than a true life partner in our bad times. Even for sharing our happiness we need someone. It's the love I have for your nanaji that is still driving me otherwise I would have given up long back .Our happiness became happiness when we have someone to share it and our pain become tolerable when we know we have somebody to back us."

"Nani I don't know what to say.?"What do you want me do Nani? I will do as you wish"

Arnav always adored his Nani for staying strong at every challenge life brought but has never seen her so distraught. So Arnav finally gave up. He can't make his nani more worried about him. He owes her so much in life. If not for her he must have lost long back .she stood strong even at the death of her daughter for him and his sister. He never gave ears to her pleas to get married for past 2 years but have never seen her so vulnerable. She doesn't deserve this. She deserves to be happy and enjoy her old age without any worries .If it's his marriage that's make her happy then he will do that for her.

"Can i search for a good girl for you?"

Arnav gave her a small smile and nodded. Then gave a kiss in her forehead and made her lay down on bed. covering her with a blanket ,he switched off the lights.

"Sleep nani .Don't you want to be healthy to dance in mine and Akash's marriage. So sleep for now .Good night." Giving a small smile to her he went to his room to get much needed sleep.

The breakfast table on the following day was filled with joy and happy tears .Manorama wept buckets. Devayani knew under the overly dressed woman there is a beautiful lady with golden heart who loved Rathna's children just like she loved Akash and NK. By next day Raizada ladies went through many proposals .That was when Anjali brought her friends proposal who also happened to be Shyam's client's daughter. Shyam had good opinions about Sharmas and Anjali was all praises about their daughter. Nani was not convinced with Natasha but Anjali was persistent and later everyone accepted the proposal as they couldn't find any reason to reject it.

Arnav was of opinion that if everyone is okey, then proceed. He doesn't have any special interests .she too knew not to force him much as she doesn't want him to be pressurized ,fearing he may change his plans.

Manorama had voiced  her concerns of Natasha's life style but Anjali effectively shut her up saying they will teach her their traditions.Now when she thinks about those incidents she feels like a fool who just brushed off all these concerns. She should have been more careful but better late than never. If Khushi is even half she had seen then she was sure her chotte will have a happy married life.

When she put Khushi's proposal before her family, except for Anjali all were happy as if they all wished that to happen secretly. But she was worried about her chotte's reaction. Much to her relief all he said was

"Nani I had promised you to marry whoever you want me to, more over she is Payal's sister so we have minimum guarantee to have peace in our family and it will also avoid situations of fight in family . The few times I saw her ,she appeared to be a genuine girl so I am okay with this  proposal."

To say Devayani was surprised was under statement. He didn't even voiced his opinion when Natasha's proposal was discussed. He just said if You all  are okay then I don't have any problem. But now , he clearly voiced out his opinion on Khushi. So she was relieved that she was not forcing him for something he doesn't want.

When she put forward the proposal to Guptas, it was Akash who said he won't get married if Arnav is not getting married along with him .She was not happy with whatever Akash said, as she will never let Payal to face same fate of her granddaughter and also this will pressurize them to say yes. Her thoughts were not wrong as that was exactly what happened.