- 3 - the abandoned warehouse across town

- (y/n)'s pov-

I was woken to three girls watching me, hovering above me like little trouble makers with mischievous grins plastered on their pretty faces. Eyes like curious gems and face mix of their father and mother. They giggled as they kept close to each other.

"Morning." I groaned, confused why am I being bothered by children? Then it hit me, these must be Michael daughters. They were adorable considering they came from Michael. I am joking, Michael was an adorable moody teen.

"Are you dad's mam?" the youngest of them asked, curiously, eyes big with that child-like innocence.

"If she was she would at least look somewhat like Michael." The oldest hit the younger one. Shoving her into the wall, crushing her.

"Dad!" The youngest screaming, weeping out loudly.

"Behave!" Michael yelled from upstairs, not bothering to stop them.

"Um, I am not technically his mother but when he was a teen he called me mam." I felt awkward.

"You look so young for being old," the middle child looked impressed.

"Thanks, I take care of myself." I smiled, feeling more awkward.

"Do you know about dad's childhood? What was he like? What were our grandparents like? What was an uncle (son's name) like? What does dad not like about him?" the youngest child question? They didn't know anything, so guarded away from the past seemed a mystery to them.

"How rude of us, I am Juliet Schmidt. These two idiots are my younger sisters, amber and this fruitful kid is Emily." The oldest one, Juliet, said condescendingly as if she prided herself on being the oldest and responsible one.

"Schmidt?" I looked at them, puzzled why they had a different last name. Last time I checked Michael was an Afton. The oldest of William. They were truly protected from the past.

"You must be confused. Dad got married and changed his last name to mam's last name. The other two were not born when he was named something else." she said, smiling, while the other two were confused.

"That isn't how marriages work dipshit." the youngest huffed.

"Language." I glared at her warningly. Is it still accepted to punish children these days? Being in the 21st Century and all. It feels like things have changed to fast for my liking. What has changed since the 1980s?"

"That is you told." Amber giggled.

"The woman takes the man's name in a marriage." she didn't believe her older sister.

"Dad can so what he likes now shut up, you blunt brain idiot"

Juliet snarled Emily.

"Your father was a moody teen. I only came into his life because I saw stuff I shouldn't have witnessed but stayed because I knew that I could do some good. (Son's name) is mine but Michael isn't. Coming from a wealthy family, his father ran a business making animatronics and owned a diner with his best friend. His friend and he were brilliant engineers. They seemed like a perfect team." I smiled.

"How can (Son's name) be yours and dad not? What happened? What is wrong with life?" The youngest was too curious.

"(Y/n), don't say anything." Michael walked in, hearing what I had said.

"Looks like story time over, Go play." I laughed awkwardly.

"But dad!" All three of them whined.

"Juliet, would you show our guests to (Son's name)'s hideout is." He asked his oldest, throwing her his car keys.

"But I am not allowed to be at his." She huffed, knowing the rules and using them in her favour.