31 - souls

(I injured my foot and I am in pain. When I was drinking tea I began choking. Life is trying to kill me.)

Once the fire is out, nothing remains but the walls of the building. Windows melted away, the door that was forever trapped with melted metals. Each chair and table were none existent as they all melted down leaving metal completely deformed and stuck to the ground. The keypad forever stuck and deformed. What remained was just bare bones of what was. The small size animatronic was devastated into a Horrific monster, a melted, deformed, twisted beast with parts littering the ground. Colour burned and metal morphed, and contorted in strange unnatural shapes with ashes of what was once a stage.

Where is Michael? I watched outside, seeing no Michael, no traces of his remains, nothing. I never saw him, or a burned corpse. The blackened building still had thickening black smoke flowing up into the darkened sky. Smog like death's cloak covered the starry night sky. It thickened the air two folds and fogged up distances.

I am losing everyone... Not again...

"mammy, What is wrong?" Little (Son's name) covered his eyes, refusing to see what is left of the destroyed place. Was this place in my dream? Clinging onto me, he softly cried into my shoulder. Viewing the place hurts. I lost Michael, William and my good friend Henry. This isn't how it is meant to be.

Was there any way I could have saved him? Was there any way I could have protected him?

"He is gone... Michael is gone..." I began to silently cry, breaking down the walls I learned to have again. The walls that kept me sane have fallen and the world was in pain. Michael died. He is dead. Why!? Why him?! I would have happily got rid of (son's name) to take Michael's place. My baby boy is important to me and so is Michael. He felt like a son to me. I never got to tell him that I care about him. That I am glad that he thinks of me as his Mam. "He is gone. He is dead. They are all dead and gone. Gone." I held (Son's name) close to me crying, letting out all of my pain. All of my suffering.

"Excuse me?" My ear perks up, hearing Grace's sweet delicate voice behind me.

"What do you want..." I sniffled, seeing Grace unnaturally twitch her hand as we got close.

"Do you need a handkerchief?" She handed me a piece of soft fabric.

"He is gone..."

"Who is." She stood next to me, keeping her eyes on the building with a hidden sinister smile behind her oversize hoodie, which looked like the one Michael wore a lot.

"Michael... I already lost William. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm just going to lose everyone. I don't want to be alone again. I don't want to suffer. Maybe it is all my fault." Words seemed muted in my ears. Like my words weren't there.

"what did you do to cause the mess?" Grace asked. Her eyes glittered with weakness and something else. Evil. Rotten evil corrupted her eyes. "You know you can't fix it so why are you so upset? Give up." I look at her, seeing little less of Grace in her eyes. She seemed different. When did Grace have a handkerchief? Who nowadays at her age has a handkerchief?

"Don't listen to her!" Little (Son's name) patted my head, trying to make me feel better with his adorable head pats. Why can't my baby boy stay like this? I have to go back to adult him. A childish idiot. "Evil woman!" He whined, holding onto me protectively. Aw, my baby boy is still trying to protect me. "Mammy, scary woman." He tried to wave Grace away but she didn't see him. However, he was seeing something else that I couldn't see. It was complex to understand but I see him but I don't see others like this. I guess it is only if they want to be seen by loved ones. I guess.

"I feel so useless and helpless. I can't do anything to help anyone and everything bad happens around me. What is wrong with me? Why am I so useless?" I cried more.