38 - her return

6 years later.

"Emily, I am home," I called out, dropping my coat on the couch with my slightly bloody work jacket, taking in the peaceful quietness. An unusual silence, making me uneasy as I settled my shoes near the door. "Emily, Brought Pizza on my way home. We can watch a movie and eat pizza before your bedtime." I called out again.

Nothing. I wandered to the centre of the room, looking around to see the house still clean-ish. Toys, paper were on the couch and disks left around the Tv. I put the pizza box on in the kitchen.

Then I notice the doll-like figure sitting at the table. Her ginger hair dropped to her lower back, straightened without any frizziness. Her gem green glossy eyes glared at me lifeless too. Her lips painted a pinker shade of her pale fair skin. She was a real doll. A cute light pink summer dress in a belt around her waist and white and light purple leggings.

"Hello?" She giggled, shifting back into her chair, fixing her dress.

"Who are you and How did you get in here?" I shoved my pocket, holding onto the pocket knife. I started carrying it around because I dipped into paranoia, where I thought William was going to get revenge. I fear it so much that I feel safer to have it just in case.

"It is me." she smiled, waving softly. "Elizabeth." her voice sounded older. The body looked like a teen may be 16 or 17. Has she aged up? Oh, God. Why didn't William take her with him? "Emily let me in."

"Where did you get a body from?" I stepped close to her. Her eyes shifted, following me. Her lashes looked sowing through. Same with her lashes. Her teeth seemed as real as a human. Her nails were slightly long. Her chest inflated and deflated like she was breathing.

"I tricked an elder into making me a doll body. When I entered it, It became like this and I decided I was tired of being a child. I aged up because I can." She smiled, studying me. Her eyes widened when noticed.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" She stood and wandered over to me. Her skin was polished with softness. Not a crack or a scratch. Her soft hands gently stroked my face. They felt like doll hands but very smooth. "What happened?"

"A little fight with a co-worker. Nothing new..." I sighed, gently removing her hand away from me. The bruises on my face and arms were from a co-worker but why doesn't need to know shit.

"Fight them back," Elizabeth suggested. "When Michael was younger he fought daddy when he causes bruises on him."

"I am not going to fight someone. It's been dealt with." I patted her soft, realistic hair.

"Okay..." she looked off, trying to think about something. "I know, I have to tell you something important." Elizabeth began to put me off. She looked older and still acted slightly childishly.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It is about daddy.... he is fading away. He is weak... you must go save him"

"That is one way to tell someone to go to hell." I chuckled.

"This isn't funny. He is going to disappear... Don't you still love him?" Sadness glimmered in her eyes. Why should I help him? He killed Amber. He tricked me and used my body for evil. He is a risk if we bring him back.

"It isn't about whether or not I still love him. Will he use me again to get to his plans? Think Elizabeth, I can't run around after him. I have other things to do and I am trying to keep a stable life. None of this bullshit anymore. I can't handle it."

"So you are going to abandon him? You told him you loved him. Can't you have the heart to help him?"

"... I-" I sighed. "Elizabeth, I am not abandoned him-"