19 - william 2/3

(Y/n)'s POV

"Kids, I am home!" Michael yelled up the stairs, dashing up to the bathroom, where I am assuming they are hiding. Henry followed up to check to see if they are okay.

I wander through to the living room, seeing William luxuriously sitting at the table with a cup of tea in hand and a firm look of boredom. Has he been waiting for us? He is up to something. I know he is. I just don't have the emotional means to care anymore. I want to die at this point. I just want this emotional guilt to be over. I wasted 20 years for him and here he was again, sitting at the table as if I am not emotionally dying.

"Don't just stare at me. Come, come." he patted the chair next to me, grinning like a mad man. I did as told, sitting next to him, keeping my eyes on him. Now I know he is up to something. I can see it in his eyes and his calm tone and relaxed manner.

"You have changed." I pointed before he was more just aggressive and inpatient, making it very clear he was using others. For 30 odd years of a life split into 3 souls. I believe William 1 is less than 1/3. The other two took as much as possible for success. Less than bare bones.

"You noticed already? I guess after 4 years of dealing with me you have an eye on my behaviour I see." William chuckled. Wait for what? Does he remember? How? He didn't even know who I was.

"So no apologies? No sorry for leaving? No nothing?" I glared at him, tears pricking my hands. "I had freedom, a chance to escape from grief but no. I stayed loyal and waited."

"Why should I? It is your fault for wanting to wait for me. It is your fault for not being a good parent. Not my fault you were alone." William ticked each line of words he could use to watch me blow up. I thought I was over blaming myself for things that weren't my doing but maybe he is right. It is my fault.

"Mam, stop! You are being mean for no reason. Chill." (son's name) yelled, get both of our attention.

"You were given so many chances to leave but you don't or you return. It is not my fault that you are suffering." William sighed, gripping my face, ideas flood his mind. His thumb gently cleaned away my tears. "Hush, shush. I am here now. Please let me do what I need to do and I will give you all you need." William whispered in my ear. I dream of a nice life formed in my head as if it could come true. A normal life with William. I don't care if we live forever, I just want something. My feelings for him hurt like a sickness. I don't know what he wants from me.

I held onto him, hugging him as tears slipped down my face. He is trying to mess with my head again! I am not being abandoned again. He is dying tonight. Unless... he escapes. William 1 is an ass but this William has gotten into my head already like a plague. I can't get rid of him. I need to be alone with him but I can't because (son's name) is glaring at us.

"Let's go for a walk," I suggested, needing to clear my head. Seeing William set off old emotions that were still harbouring inside of me. A walk with him sounded nice, like old times.

"Sure." William patted my hand with my hair winded in between his slim fingers.

- later -

We wandered far from the safety of Michael's home, now into deeper woods with William alone. I felt awkward as I took in the fresh air, cleaning my mind. Our hands tightly locked to each other as my eyes glued to the floor.

"I am confused..." I sighed, still having tears on my cheeks.

"I know you are. You don't need to worry or think about it. Just trust me." William had his arm around me, keeping me close, leading me further and further away from everything but the wilderness of trees.