Ch5

It was the next day, which was also the day of the tournament. Esdeath's competition would be held that following afternoon. All the competitors were in a large caged cell warming themselves up for the fight. Most of them were acting like creepy maniacs banging on the cell doors, bashing their heads with their fists and screaming like lunatics. You were the only one acting normal as you were shadowboxing in your cell by throwing quick jabs and hooks in space for your warm-up.

Soon, the contest had begun.

There were a lot of great battles being held in the huge stadium. There were a few females battling for a spot on the Jaegers roster. Warriors from around town participated as well. There were a lot of losers and winners that became losers in their next battle. Since you were already well-trained, you easily won all of your matches. You actually came across a really strong opponent in the semifinals.

It was a tough guy named Jaw. He got the name from his jawbreaker hook punches, he used the techniques throughout the competition. You were shadowboxing again to prepare to yourself for the fight in the arena, then you spotted Kurome from afar watching the games in the crowd. She actually looked more worried than usual. Before the tournament started, Esdeath personally told you to do your best and now you were ready to give it your all.

Wave was the announcer for the tournament.

Wave: This is the second semi-final battle of the Empirical Games. In the left corner, we have the deadly jawbreaking Jaw! *audience cheering*

Jaw: Yeah!!! Make some noise!!!!!

Wave: Over on the right, give it up for the quick and powerful, (YN) the Kung Fu Master! *audience cheering*

(YN): .......

Over at the booth of the stadium, Esdeath was sitting in her chair with her legs crossed yawning in boredom with her right-hand man standing beside her.

Esdeath: *yawning*

Run: I see that you haven't found any interest in the other matches.

Esdeath: The boy in the first semifinal game did pretty decent. But he has yet to face (YN), if (YN) makes it to the final.

Run: Then this should be a good one. We can finally see what (YN) can do against a tougher opponent.

Esdeath: (YN) had better not fail me. He better win this.

Wave: Now, you may begin!

You patted your head once before pacing over to Jaw and throwing three right jabs and one left jab to his face, but Jaw's head only slightly moved back after connecting your punches. Jaw was taking your punches without any negative affect. You threw a left and right jab to his face, then you threw another left and right jab. You punched Jaw in the face, took a back step and punched his face again. You waited for a little moment and punched Jaw's face yet again. Then you threw another jab, and another to his face.

Jaw was not affected by your punches at all. He didn't even attack yet. His head just bobbed backwards everytime you punched his face.

You gave Jaw five more right punches to his face before Jaw finally swung a deadly hook punch, but you ducked just in time and gave him one more punch. You punched Jaw's face again, then you sent two quick jabs and a right hook punch for a three-hit combo. You backed up a little bit to get some space and Jaw steps up to you again. You punched Jaw in face again, shifted to the left and punched him again, then you gave him five more punches before shifting back to the right. You sent five more quick jabs to his face, then you punched him and punched again.