Ch7

It's been 2 weeks ever since (YN) injured his jaw during the tournament, and yet, he was still off his feet. Kurome was really worried about him now, but every morning and every night she would always go to the nursery room just to sit in front of the door and pretended that she was actually talking to (YN). She really missed him, but all she needed to know was that (YN) was still in the room healing up. He'll be out soon.

One morning, Kurome was sitting in front of the nursery room with the door still closed having a full conversation with herself. Seryu spotted her talking to herself, so she went over to check her out.

Seryu: Kurome, are you okay?

Kurome: Yes, I'm fine. I'm just waiting for whenever (YN) is coming out of the nursery.

Seryu: Uh, he's not in there anymore.

Kurome: Huh? Where is he?

Seryu: The commander didn't tell you? He was shipped off across the capital.

Kurome: WHAT?!

Kurome jumped out of her chair and sprinted off to the conference room. Esdeath was sitting in the room drawing a picture of Tatsumi in her notebook.

Kurome: Commander, what happened to (YN)?!

Esdeath: Ohh. You found out already. I shipped him to another part of the capital. He was gone about a week ago. I didn't know how to tell you, so I kept it to myself this entire time.

Kurome: But why?! He had promise! He was going to be one of our strongest members! Why did you ship him off?!

Esdeath: I already said it before. If he wasn't fully recovered by 7 days, he would no longer be any use to this team. I shipped him after those 7 days. I'm sorry but it needed to be done.

Kurome: So, are we gonna be able to see him again?

Esdeath: Most likely not. But there's a possible chance that we could cross paths with him someday.

Esdeath: It had to be done, Kurome. I do ask you to respect your position. We're the strongest unit the Empire has to offer. (YN) was weak, so he wasn't needed. Remember that.

Esdeath stood up and slowly walked pass Kurome. She lost all hope and courage now, staring off into space again. Wave came behind her and hugged her. He already heard the news and he felt bad for her.

Wave: "This is the first time I've seen Kurome this upset. She really does care about her friends."

Kurome: Wave?

Wave: Yeah, I'm here.

Kurome: Is this fair at all? (YN) hasn't even been on the team that long. Only for three months with little fighting in the capital. He didn't even have the chance to prove himself. *tears running down her cheeks*

Wave: I know. I'm sorry.

Kurome turned around and cried into Wave's chest. He softly and constantly brushed her hair back and told her that everything was going to be okay.

A few hours later Wave opened the door to Kurome's room. She was sitting on the bed looking down for an whole hour.

Wave: Kurome, you're okay?

Kurome looks up at Wave and gave him a flashy smile.

Kurome: Hey. I'm fine.

Wave: That's good. The commander have an assignment for us. She wants us to be ready.

Kurome: Okay. I'll be there shortly.

Wave closed the door and left. Kurome grabbed her sword in her sheath and rubs it softly. She had that "yandere look in her eyes".