Chapter 17

You stared down at the ground in grief. Staring at Rua's grave behind the hidden hideout of the team, covered completely in snow. You knew not to leave Rua alone on the building. Before she died, she said she didn't want to be alone. So you gave her a gift and built a proper burial site to lay her to rest. You clutched the Stone belt in your right hand very tightly after wiping away one little tear. Then you slowly placed Rua's belt Teigu on top of her grave and straighten it out.

(YN): You're in a better place, Rua. You'll never alone. You'll always be with us. In our hearts.

(YN): Rest in peace, Rua.

You turned around and began walking away from Rua's gravestone, but not before studying it one more time.

"R.I.P.... Rua"

You entered the hideout from the backdoor and saw the rest of the team sitting in the living room with gloomy faces, but they all finally managed to get themselves together and cooled down from their painful loss last night.

(YN): I'm sorry, you guys. As a leader, it's my job to make sure that all of you are kept safe. I failed at protecting Rua.

Zious: (YN), don't pin it on yourself.

Erick: Yeah, man. It wasn't your fault. It just happened.

Ruby: Think of it as a good thing for her. Rua doesn't have to worry about being scared anymore. She's at a better place now. Filled with happiness and harmony.

Vorda: It's time to set things right. The Minister needs to be stopped. We have to seek peace for this Empire. For the sake of our friend.

(YN): Rizzzght. There won't be any assignments for us in a while. You guys cazzn lay low and rest up for a few days or so. I know you're all hurt right now. Juszzt take it easy.

You left the living room and went straight to your bedroom and closed the door behind you.

Ruby: Hey, Erick. I know a breakfast diner we can go to. You wanna come?

Erick: Sure. You guys coming?

Zious: Nah. I'll just hang around here.

Vorda: I'm going clothes shopping. You kids have fun. *smiles*

Ruby and Erick headed out to get breakfast at the diner. Zious went out for personal training and Vorda went shopping. In your room, you placed your sword in your sheath attached to your belt.

(YN): As an act of vengeance, I'm goinzzzg to elizzzzminate the souzzzzrce of this corruption. I'm going to kill the Minister and the Emperor.

(YN): This is for you, Rua. If I die...... I'll be coming to join you.

You told yourself as you looked into the mirror. Your glowing eye was reflected against the glass of the mirror as you gazed. After that, you opened the window to your room and escaped the hideout without anyone noticing.

******

Once the day hit dark again, you planned a stakeout on a rooftop from a distance away from the main castle in the Emperor. The castle where the Emperor, Prime Minister Honest, and General Budo sided along with each other. The place was heavily guarded with armed soldiers and well protected by enclosed areas. You turned your eyes to the side and saw some of the soldiers walking into the building and closing the doors behind them, locking them in the process.

(YN): "Main entrance blocked, so I'll have to take the back way."

(YN): "I'm almost glad my teammates aren't here. That way I won't have to worry about them. This is my time and no one else's."