Ch6

The day after the tournament came faster than anyone would expect it. Everything was pretty much the same as before, except that the Jaegers had a new member in Tatsumi. But not just a member. Esdeath saw him as something more. Esdeath lead Tatsumi to the main room and showed him to the people he'll be working with. Everyone was there. 

Esdeath: Everyone, Tatsumi here is going to be my lover. Does anyone here have any relationship or married with someone of some sort?

Bols raised his hand and revealed that he's a married man and that he knows a few tricks of pulling a crush. Esdeath took down some notes as guidance to use to try to pull Tatsumi into a relationship. Everybody were laughing and making a few silly comments about Bols. However, Kurome was the only one looking confused. She glanced around the room and realized that someone was missing.

Kurome: Commander, where's (YN)?

Esdeath: Oh, him. He's down in the cellar.

Tatsumi: Wait a minute. Isn't that the guy I fought in the finals in yesterday's tournament?

Esdeath: Yes, Tatsumi.

Kurome: The cellar? Why would he be down there?

Esdeath: He's in the coldest room in the castle. Right now, he's sitting in a large chamber filled with cold water and ice completely naked.

Kurome: Huh?! But why?!

Esdeath: Since he lost in the tournament, I've decided to punish him with excruciating pain by torturing him. (YN) fought well and he's exceeded my expectations, but he still lost. Knowing me, I just wanted to torture him for failure.

Esdeath: But don't worry. This will only make him stronger and he won't think about failure ever again.

Kurome: How long will he be down there?

Esdeath: He'll be in the chamber for 30 minutes. 10 minutes has already passed. I know he won't think about failing again. Before I left the room, he was screaming in complete agony. *giggling*

Kurome: .......?!!!

Kurome eyes were widely lit open.

Esdeath: We will be heading out of the capital for the next few days. We will hunt for those lowly bandits and some of the danger beasts that arrives at night. Doctor, you will have to stay here to nurse (YN) up to health once he's done with his punishment.

Dr Stylish: Aye aye, commander!

Everyone were now heading out the room. Kurome couldn't take a step forward like everyone else. She was too shocked to hear about what was happening to (YN). Wave noticed her steadiness, so he went over to her to see if she was okay.

Wave: Kurome, something's wrong?

Kurome: .....

Wave: Kurome?

Kurome: I don't understand it. (YN) gave it his all out there at that tournament. He fought his hardest. You were there, Wave. He did the best he could do, and now he's being tortured for losing? Does that make any sense?!

Wave: I understand, Kurome. But we can't question the commander. It's how she is.

Kurome: .....

Wave planted a kiss on Kurome's cheek and they both left with the team.

A few hours later, it reached nighttime so the Jaegers could start their mission on invading the bandit's fort. Each member had their heads held up high and confident for their first official mission. Kurome was the only one with her head hanging down low. She really felt bad for (YN). She really didn't approve of what he had to go. No one shouldn't have to be punished after putting out their best effort in a fight, even after they've lost. In fact, they should receive more respect than that. Even if she was her commander, General Esdeath can be unfair at times.