16. Their Sacrifice

Gunny walks in infirmary hoping to get the dressing changed of his wounds and secretly wishes to meet Vidya. There is something in that girl which attracts Gunny. The more she tries to hide about herself, the more he wishes to know about her, about her past.

Vanch!! This name always causes his heartbeat to pick up pace and hurt overtakes him. But why? Is he falling for Vidya?

Smiling, he makes his way inside when he spots Rajveer getting treated by Dr. Shalini. He looks around and soon, his gaze meets with the soft gaze of Vidya, who was engrossed in some files before his arrival. A smile stretches across Gunny's face upon finding the blush creeping on Vidya's face.

"Gunny!"

Gunny jerks his head towards the source of the familiar voice and finds Rajveer staring at him with a smile.

Vidya lowers her eyes. Giving her a last look, Gumny makes his way towards Raj and takes a seat right next to him.

"Ab kaisa hai tu Gunny?"

Asks Rajveer with concern

"Mein bilkul theek! Tu kaisa hai Raj?"

"Mein bilkul theek hoon yaar! Mujhe kya hona tha?"

Replies Rajveer with a warm smile!

What a brave man he is. He claims to be fine even though he has been shot.

Gunny smiles and gives Rajveer a playful punch on his shoulder.

"Of course you are fine! Tujhe kuch ho bhi nahi sakta. In fact, I feel pity for the bullet who dared to even touch you"

Rajveer gives Gunny a death glare.

"Tu ruk saale, tujhe mein batata hoon"

Gunny takes a flight and runs around the room followed by Rajveer.

"Raj bus kar, tujhe lag jayegi"

Says Gunny as he continues to run around.

"Mein theek hun, tu ab apni fikr kar"

Smirks Rajveer chasing Gunny

While Vidya and Dr. Shalini stare at the two friends with laughter.

As Gunny keeps running, he looks back at Rajveer to take a glance when a nearby chair blocks his foot, leading him to trip and directly fall on top of Vidya.

Vidya shuts her eyes with the sudden closeness of her and Gunny. Not willing to move away, he looks at her and notices her carefully for the very first time. She is wearing a simple white dress with a gold braided belt. Her long hair, straight, and black falling brilliantly over her chest. He gazes over her beautiful angelic face , with large dazzling brown eyes which were unfortunately shut.

"Vidya"

He calls her name ever so softly! She slowly opens up her eyes and meets his gaze. They stare in each other's eyes for few moments before getting disturbed by Rajveer.

"Gunny, are you okay?"

Concern evident in his voice

This makes both Gunny and Vidya to realize their surroundings. Gunny gets up and Vidya too straightens herself.

"I'm fine Raj!"

Gunny smiles

"Chal mein chalta hoon! You take care"

Saying so, Rajveer leaves the room but not before noticing the look on both Gunny's and Vidya's faces. He is sure that something is definitely going on between these two. He decides to speak to Vidya later.