18. Some Disclosures

"Aaj ke baad mein tumhare peechay nahi aaunga. Tumhe jaise jeena hai jiyo"

Rajveer's words rings in Naina's ears as a lone of tear escapes from her eyes. She sits silently, hunched over and with a sense of loss so powerful that her muscles doesn't respond to commands.

Just the mere mention of him not being with her breaks her. At this point, she realizes the pain she has given him with her words and actions.

And he smiles every time. He loves so her so damn much. And what did she do to him? She has given him nothing but pain.

It's better that she stays away from him, for his happiness.

If she has made up her mind to stay away from him, why is his words hurting her? Naina...you'll realize it sooner or later that both of you are made for each other. None of you will be happy by staying away from each other.

-__-_-_-

The next day, Vidya happens to cross a corridor when she gets pulled by a pair of two strong hands. All of this happened so suddenly that she didn't even realize when she reached behind a nearby pillar while Gunny hovers her from both sides, leaning in dangerously close to her.

"Vidya, we need to talk"

Her eyes starts to well up with tears as the incident from yesterday plays in her mind - he is engaged to Naina. She has never let anyone in her heart other than Vanch and this time, when finally she felt like she could give Gunny a place in her heart, she finds out Gunny is already someone elses'. Yes, unknowingly, she has fallen in love with Gunny.

"I don't think there is anything left to talk about Major Randhawa"

Her voice breaks as she says these words. Hurt evident in her eyes.

Gunny understands! She has full right to get upset but he will explain himself no matter what. He hasn't seen or found love in his life till now. And now, he won't let her go away from him.

"Vidya..pl.."

Without letting him complete his words, Vidya slips from her left side to leave. Calculating her move already, Gunny wraps his hand around her wrist ever so gently.

"Please Vidya, hear me once before you make any decision"

Vidya turns towards him and watches his features turning soft. And that's it...she loses it right there. Jerking her hand out of his grip, she grabs his collar.

"Ab kya reh gayya hai kehne ko?"

She shouts for the very first time and it stuns him. The tears in her eyes now starts to roll down her cheeks. He watches her silently.

"Kyun kiya aapne Vidya ke sath aisa? Why did you make me feel like I was the most important person in your life, Major Gunraj Singh Randhawa? And then...then...you reveal that you are engaged? WHY? why did you play with my feelings?"

Her emotional outburst shocks him.

"Vidya..."

"Don't...just don't!!"

Letting go of his collar, she point a finger at him.

"Don't even say a word. Aaj Vidya bolegi or aap sunenge"