22. Her Apology

Naina stares at Rajveer Wide eyed!

"How can...."

Naina stops speaking midway out of shock. Understanding her, Rajveer speaks,

"I know Naina but it's true! Gunny and Vidya love each other"

"Mein woh nahi keh rahi thi"

Says Naina

Rajveer knits his brows and says,

"Toh?"

Narrowing her eyes on Rajveer, Naina says with an annoyed face,

"How can you and Gunny call me dumb? How dare both of you?"

Rajveer looks at her stunned and asks,

"I don't believe this Naina. Meine tumhe itna sab bata diya or inh sab ke beech, tum sirf us choti si baat par atki ho?"

Naina frowns

"Choti si baat? Yeh baat aapke liye choti hogi mere liye nahin..aapne...aapne mujhe dumb bulaya?"

At this moment, Rajveer wants to laugh out loud at the reason of her anger but refrains himself from doing so.

Taking a sigh, he says,

"I didn't mean it literally Naina. I mean..tum hi mujhe batao ke mein kya kehta? Tumhara reason for the engagement and that sacrifice is so baseless"

Naina lowers her eyes. She knows it's true. She knows how dumb it was. Her face turns serious. She looks up in the eyes of Rajveer and their eyes meet. Rajveer too turns serious looking at Naina's seriousness.

A lone of tear escapes her eyes.

Rajveer's heart clenches. He rushes upto her and holds her by her shoulders.

"Naina..."

He calls her name as he turns his head from left to right.

Another tear escapes. Naina folds her hands in front of Rajveer such that her hands are pressed together with her fingers pointed upwards.

"Maine aapko bohut hurt kiya hai sir. Mein janti hun ke meri galti maafi ke layak nahi hai lekin agar ho sake toh..please mujhe maaf kardijiye"

She sincerely apologizes and her voice breaks.

Rajveer immediately gets a hold of her hands and stop her from doing this gesture.

"Nahi Naina..Tumhe mujhse maafi mangne ki zarurat nahi hai Naina."

Before he can continue further, Naina cuts him off.

"Nahi sir. Aaj please mujhe bolne dijiye."

Respecting her decision, Rajveer silently listens to her. Wiping her tear away, Naina continues,

"Maine kabhi aapko nahi samjha. KMA mein or ab, maine humesha aapko dukh pohunchaya, humesha aapse rudely baat ki...or aapne, aapne humesha mujhse pyaar kia, humesha mujhe support kiya...do I ever deserve you and your love, Rajveer sir?"

Rajveer looks at her with painful eyes. Holding her shoulders again, he stares deeply in her eyes.

"You don't deserve me because you own me!"

Naina stays stunned at his words, at the amount of love he has for her.

Rajveer speaks further

"I just wanted your happiness. I never wanted that you would sacrifice your love. Or tumhe mujhse maafi mangne ki zarurat nahi hai Naina. Mein bus chahta tha ke tum realize karo ke tumhari khushi kis mein hai. Jo hua usse bhool jao Naina!"