21. Moment of Truth

Rajveer's words stuns Naina. How on Earth does he know about Gunny being her ex-fiancé?

Staring him shocked, Naina asks,

"Aapko...aapko kaise pata?"

Smirking, Rajveer comes extremely close to Naina. He slowly traces her face with his index finger leaving Naina's breath to hitch in her throat.

"Because sweetheart, your would be husband is smart enough, unlike you"

Naina frowns

"Excuse me? You are not that smart and I'm definitely not that dumb"

Rajveer's smirk grows wider. Leaning in a little closer to her, he whispers in her ear,

"So you do agree that I'm you would be husband?"

Naina's face turns the deepest shade of red.

"Obviously.."

She mumbles, lowering her eyes out of shyness.

After realizing what she just uttered, she looks back up at him and gets shocked at her own words. This makes Rajveer to throw his head back and enjoy of fit of laughter.

Naina bites her lip as she sees him laughing so freely! She falls in love with him all over again.

Getting back her equilibrium, she asks,

"Ab bataiyege aap ke kaise pata aapko sab?"

Rajveer turns a little serious

Flashback

After the conversation with Vidya, Gunny decides to talk to Rajveer today itself. He knows it's going to be hard and the truth might hurt Raj, but he has to do this. He has to do this for the sake of his two friends - Raj and Naina, and his love - Vidya!

With a lot of courage, Gunny heads towards Rajveer's room and knocks on the door.

Rajveer opens the door and a bright smile appears on his face upon finding Gunny at his door.

"Gunny, tu? Tu bahir kya kar raha hai? Aa na andar!"

Gunny walks in with a serious face and makes himself comfortable on the couch.

Locking the door behind, Rajveer walks towards the small coffee area.

"Bata kya lega? Chai ya coffee?"

"Raj, mujhe tujhse bohut important baat karni hai"

Gunny's serious tone worries Rajveer. Leaving the coffee beans, Rajveer comes and takes a seat across from Gunny.

"Is everything alright, Gunny?"

Asks Rajveer getting a little worried

"Raj, I know what you feel for Naina. Tune kuch kaha nahi that doesn't mean kisi ko kuch pata nahi"

Rajveer frowns as it reminds him of his last conversation with Naina.

Getting up, Rajveer faces his back towards Gunny and says,

"Tu jaisa samajh raha hai, waise kuch nahi hai"

Getting up, Gunny goes in front of Rajveer.

"Do you really think I'm that dumb Raj? Tere chehre or ankhon se saaf pata lagta hai ke tu Naina se kitna pyar karta hai. Or Naina...she also..."

Before Gunny can complete his words, Rajveer cuts him off,

"She doesn't love me. She is engaged to someone else"