5. Her Fiancé's Revelation

Breaking the hug, Gunny and Rajveer smile widely at each other.

"How have you been Raj? Tujhe maine bohut miss kiya"

Says Gunny, out of happiness

"I missed you too Gunny!"

replies Rajveer

Remembering that Naina is also present there, Rajveer turns towards her and the look on her face confuses Rajveer - telling him that she knows Gunny already.

Ignoring this thought, Rajveer introduces to Naina,

"Naina, ye hai mera bohut acha dost, Major Gunraj Singh Randhawa"

Now, turning towards Gunny, Rajveer says,

"And Gunny, yeh hai Captain Naina Singh Ahluwalia, meri protégée, KMA mein meri student reh chuki hai or ab meri moh..."

Realising what he was about to utter, Rajveer seals his lips.

Getting no response from Gunny and Naina, Rajveer stares at them and finds them staring at each other with calm expressions.

"Mein inhe janti hun! Yehi hain mere..."

utters Naina but Gunny doesn't let her complete her sentence.

"Dost!! Dost hain hum"

Says Gunny immediately, cutting Naina off. 

This causes Naina to widen her eyes out of surprise - why is he lying? They aren't just friends. Deciding to question Gunny later, Naina stays quiet.

But Rajveer finds both of their behaviour very odd . Thinking that maybe he is over-thinking, Rajveer decides to erase this thought out of his mind.

"Kaise jante ho tum dono ek dusre ko?"

Questions Rajveer casually.

"Actually Naina aur is ke sare friends ko mein detention center mein mila tha jab ye sab KMA mein cadets thay"

Gunny explains the entire story. This makes Rajveer's heart to skip a beat - she suffered this much when he wasn't there? A lone of tear escapes from his eyes which he wipes right away but it doesn't go un-noticed by Naina.

It's high time she questions Rajveer regarding his return and his escape plan.

-_-_-_-_-_-

A knock on the door distracts Gunny, who was busy with few files. He knows exactly who is at the door.

"Aao Naina"

says Gunny

Getting inside the room, Naina locks it from behind. Reaching Gunny, she gives him a hard stare, with many questions in her eyes.

"Aapne kyun jhoot bola Rajveer sir se ke hum sirf dost hain?"

Questions Naina

Smiling, Gunny passes her a glass of water which she gulps down pretty quickly.

"Naina relax! Baith ke baat karte hain"

Says Gunny and indicates Naina to have a seat.

But Naina is in no mood to listen.

"Mujhe jawab chahiye Gunny"

Taking a deep breath, Gunny says,

"Toh kya kehta mein Raj se Naina? Ke jis se wo pyaar karta hai wo meri mangaitar hai? Dost hai wo mera...nahi hurt kar sakta main usse"

This softens Naina's expressions. Gunny really is a sweetheart.

"But Gunny..."

Says Naina but is unable to put her words into a proper  sentence.

Taking a step closer to her, Gunny holds her by her shoulders and gets her to look up in his eyes.

"Tum Raj se abhi bhi pyaar karti ho Naina...accept it!"

Says Gunny with a lot of care in his voice.

A lone of tear escapes from Naina's eyes which assures Gunny that yes, she is still in love with Rajveer.

"Akhir chahte kya hain aap?"

Questions Naina

"Toor do ye sagai...jab mein tumse pyaar nahi karta, tum mujhse pyaar nahi karti toh kya fayda aise rishtay ka?"

Gunny's words causes Naina to widen her eyes. Jerking Gunny's hands away, she stares at him out of shock. No, she cannot be so selfish. She cannot break the promise that she made with someone.

"Mein aisa kuch nahi karne wali..do you get that?"

Saying that, Naina leaves Gunny's room leaving a helpless Gunny behind. He knows the exact reason why Naina won't break this engagement. How does he make her understand that the promise isn't bigger than her happiness? He needs to do something.

-_-_-_-_-

Later, Gunny meets up with Naina and her friends and asks them to not tell Rajveer regarding Naina's and his relationship.

In the evening, Rajveer introduces Gunny as the new member of Mission Ladakh to Naina and her friends. This brings a smile on everyone's faces! They, then, discuss their mission and what step they will be taking next.

Gunny has already told Naina about his friendship with Rajveer - they know each other since school days. But what confused Naina the most is - if Gunny knew about Rajveer being alive? And why didn't he inform her about him being the new member of mission Ladakh? And about him coming to Ladakh? - She decides to find out all!

-_-_-_-_-_-

Standing by the window, Naina feels the cold wind due to the cold weather. Suddenly, her gaze falls outside and she finds Rajveer sitting on a bench, by the bonfire. She decides to get her answers!

"Aapne mujhe jawab nahi dia"

Naina's voice arrests Rajveer. Turning to his right side, he finds Naina sitting on the same bench as him.

"Kaisa jawab?"

He questions, pretending to not know whereas he knows what exactly she is talking about.

Naina looks at him and they share an intense eye lock. Both of their eyes reflects their emotions well. She passes him a cup of coffee that she brought for him. Taking the coffee from her hand, he takes a sip.

"Bataiye sir...kahan thay aap itne salon se? Aur aap us blast se kaise bachay"

Asks Naina in one whole breath

It's high time he tells her his story. Taking a deep breath, he starts,

"Naina, us blast ke baad mujhe nahi pata ke mere sath kya hua lekin jab mujhe hosh aaya toh mein hospital mein tha. Kayi dino tak mein hospital mein hi tha. Ek insaan jis ne mera khayal rakha hospital mein...."

He trails off as he remembers the person who took care of him while he was in a bad condition, The same person who supported him the most when the entire Amy was against him. Thinking about that person brings a smile on Rajveer's face.

"Kon?"

Questions Naina out of curiosity.

Looking towards Naina, Rajveer replies,

"Dr. Vidya Saxena"