9. The Game

Vidya's words takes Gunny by surprise. He keeps staring her without blinking and his intense gaze makes her uncomfortable. In return, she lowers her eyes.

How could this be possible? She thinks. Is this really...Vanch?

"Vidya, are you okay?"

Asks Rajveer

Getting back her equilibrium, she smiles,

"Vidya bilkul theek hai"

Rajveer looks towards Gunny and opens his mouth to introduce him,

"Vidya, this is.."

Before he could say anything further, Gunny, staring Vidya, forwards his hand for a handshake,

"Hi, I'm Major Gunraj Singh Randhawa. Pleasure meeting you Dr. Saxena"

So..he is not Vanch. And how could he even be Vanch? She herself has seen him dying in front of her own eyes. He is nothing but a stranger to her.

Hesitantly, she shakes his hand. His grip around her hand tightens and his gaze turn intense. He, himself, is unaware of what he is doing. She looks up and stares him out of shock.

"Wo.."

She tries to speak as she tries to free her hand.

At this moment, Gunny realises what the hell he is doing. Getting shocked, he immediately leaves her hand.

This definitely doesn't go un-noticed by Rajveer - he smirks.

Avoiding Gunny, Vidya heads inside the room and stands by the Captains. Gunny doesn't know why but he doesn't like the idea of Vidya ignoring him.

Rajveer on the other hand goes and stands beside Naina.

"1 ghante mein grounds par milo"

Getting closer, he whispers in her ear.

She doesn't look towards him and simply responds,

"Mein nahi aungi"

Smirking, he snugs in closer to her. As an excuse to put the strand of hair behind her ear, he traces the back of her neck, giving her electric sensation in her body.

"I haven't given you an option, darling. It's your senior's order"

Saying so, he steps back to leave.

"Oh and, don't change this saree!"

Smirking, he leaves the room for an important work. Naina rolls her eyes and tries to control her thumping heartbeat.

On the other hand, Gunny's eyes are glued on Vidya.

Finding Vidya alone is a corner finally on her phone, Gunny walks towards her.

"May I?"

Forwarding his hand in front of her, he asks to dance with her.

This makes her to look towards Gunny out of surprise.

"I'm sorry but Vidya bohut thak gayi hai"

Saying so, Vidya takes a step to leave when Gunny snatches her phone, putting it in his pocket, he pulls her up in a dancing position.

"I'm sorry Dr. Saxena. Next time 'na' keh dijiye ga"

Vidya's heartbeat picks up pace and she quietly starts dancing with him, avoiding the eye-contact.

Silence takes place between the two.

"Waise ye Vanch kon hai?"

Gunny finally breaks the ice.