17. His Tolerance

Something inside Gunny breaks as he has seen her weeping. He wants to clear her doubts, he wants to explain himself. What if she misunderstands him? No, there is no way he can afford that. Yes, in this short period of time, he has fallen in love with Dr. Vidya Saxena.

The whole day he has been trying to speak to her but the only thing he has been getting from Vidya is her ignorance.

Maybe she needs time. He decides to speak to her tomorrow.

-_-_-_-_-

The entire next day, everyone is busy working on their mission - they need to make a report as to what exactly happened few days ago.

In the evening, Naina happens to cross by Rajveer's room and her gaze falls on him through the slightly open door. She finds him trying to change the dressing on his arm but due to him only using one hand, he fails as much as he attempts. A small smile is plastered on his face even though he is in intense pain.

Sure he is a solider but aren't soldiers allowed to express pain? Or is there a different reason behind his smile.

Rajveer turns a little and his soft gaze meets Naina's brown poles through the slightly open door. They keep gazing at each other when Rajveer is the first one to clear his throat.

Naina lowers her eyes and shifts her gaze on the ground.

"Ahem..Naina tum. Please andar aao"

He says with a slight smile.

She looks up at him while taking baby steps towards him.

She has hurt him so much and yet he is talking to her so sweetly. Why is he so good?

She watches him carefully and her gaze falls on his wound and she spots blood dripping on the floor. As the first drop of blood drips, a lone of tear escapes from her eyes as she makes a painful sound.

Rajveer right away shifts his gaze towards Naina and concern overtakes his eyes upon witnessing tears in her eyes.

"Naina..tum..tum ro kyu"

He utters but stops as soon as he follows her gaze which is fixed on a droplet of blood.

He takes a step towards her. Holding her by her shoulders, he looks at her and soon, their eyes meet.

"Mein theek hoon Naina"

He assures her but she doesn't buy his words. Another lone of tear escapes from her eyes.

"Itna khoon beh raha hai"

Her voice comes out like a whisper this time.

His heart fills with so much more love for her upon witnessing her concern for him but breaks at the same time - she has tears in her eyes.

"Trust me Naina, I am fine!"

He says again ever so sweetly with a bright smile

She keeps gazing at him with nothing but love in her eyes.

"Nahi theek aap..."

She says with annoyance as she jerks his hands off her shoulders and continues further.

"Itna..itna khoon beh raha hai. Dr. Vidya ya Dr. Shalini kahan hain?"

She asks him as she takes a hold of his wounded arm.

He keeps gazing her with a smile. It's clear that she loves him. Why the hell is she holding herself back?

"Wo dono thora busy thin toh.."

He begins to say but gets cut off by Naina as she looks back directly in his eyes.

"Toh aapne socha ke khud hi dressing change kar loon? How can you be so careless sir? Aap kisi or ko bula lete? Mujhe..mujhe bula lete"