10. The Emotional Outburst

Her eyes opens up wide upon his question and she immediately looks towards him.

"Ye kaisa sawal hua?"

She asks, her heart beating fast

"Sawal ka jawab do Captain. Remember the condition of the game? "

He whispers smirking.

She remains silent.

"I'll repeat the question for you! So, how much do you love me on a scale of 1-10?"

She takes a deep breath. She has fallen in the hole that she has herself created. There is no way out of his questions - she will have to answer truthfully.

Shutting her eyes, she finally whispers,

"10!"

His heart melts and a beautiful smile creeps on his lips. Staring her, he takes a step back and stands still, folding his arms over his chest, smirking.

"My second question - kya tumne ye engagement kissi majboori mein ki?"

he asks his second question, turning serious.

She stares him. There is no way she can hide the truth from him any longer.

"Haan.."

A lone of tear escapes from his eyes. He knew it, he knew she sacrificed her love.

Turning even more serious, he says,

"Ab mera akhri sawal..."

He takes a pause and stares her to see her reaction. She stares him back, her heart thumping fast.

"Kya tumhara fiancé tumse pyaar karta hai?"

"Nahin.."

She replies immediately.

A satisfactory smile creeps on his lips, happiness evident in his eyes. She lowers her eyes. Silence takes between them.

Rajveer takes a step closer to her. Holding her hand, he leads her towards a nearest bench.

"Baitho Naina"

She follows his words and they both sit on the bench, right next to each other. She keeps her eyes glued to the ground. He understands her state well.

Putting his hand over hers, staring her lovingly, he says,

"Ab bhi tum kuch nahi kahogi, Naina?"

She bursts down into tears that she has been holding on for all these years. His eyes turn teary, too. Unable to see her in this situation, he pulls her in his embrace. She hugs him back without protesting.

"I love you, sir. I really do"

She finally confesses, crying her heart out.

"I love you too, Naina. You are the reason I came back. I came back for you, Naina...just for you"

Their sobs gets louder and louder. They cry in each others arms, unable to hold themselves back.

After few minutes, Rajveer breaks the hug. Wiping his own tears, he gently wipes her tears away and plants a kiss on her forehead. She shuts her eyes and feels the warmth of his lips.

"Bus Naina..ab bohut hogaya. Ab mein tumhe or sacrifices nahi karne dunga. We deserve to be happy...with each other. Batao mujhe kya majboori hai tumhari, kya naam hai tumhare mangaitar ka? I promise you ke mein sab theek kar dunga.."

"Mein khud us se baat karunga..batao mujhe tum"

Rajveer comforts her.

Earth slips beneath her feet after listening to his words. Reality hits her and she feels like someone has splashed a glass of cold water on her face.

No no no...she cannot do this, NO.

"Nahin.."

She shouts and gets up with a jerk.

"Mein ye nahi kar sakti"

She says, rather screams

He, too, gets up and stares her out of shock.

"Lekin kyun Naina? Problem kya hai is mein? Tum mujhse pyaar karti ho, mein tumse toh what's the problem?"

He questions her, his voice breaks.

Her eyes full of tears, she looks directly at him.

"Maine kisi se promise kia hai, sir. Mein selfish nahi ho sakti. Mein usse hurt nahi kar sakti.."

His face turns serious and hurt mixed with anger takes over him. Rushing towards her, he pulls her to himself with a jerk.

"Kisi aur ko hurt nahi kar sakti lekin mujhe hurt kar sakti ho.."

He basically shouts

"Please try to understand sir"

She pleads

He lets go off her with a jerk and yells,

"No Naina no, why should I always understand? Tumhara bhai..tumhara maksad..tumhari majboori. It's always about your sacrifices. Meri khushi ka kya? Tumhari khushi ka kya? Do we not deserve to be happy?"

Rushing towards her, he shakes her by her shoulders,

"Bolo Naina..batao mujhe.."

His voice breaks by every passing second.

He shuts his eyes in order to calm himself. Opening back his eyes, he stares in her eyes, calmly,

"Naina, please mujhe batao. Mein tumse waada karta hun ke koi bhi hurt nahi hoga. Mein khud us insaan se baat karunga jis se tumne promise kia hai. Please mujhe sab batao. I cannot see you sacrificing your happiness Naina"

She stares back in his eyes and sees his unconditional love for her. She feels guilty but she cannot do this. Her stubbornness takes over her once again.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I cannot do this"

Saying so, she turns to leave when Rajveer grabs her elbow and pushes her again to the nearest wall.

"Enough Naina..."

He screams, anger evident in his eyes.

Pointing a finger at her, he says sternly,

"Mein tumhe apni zindagi aur barbaad nahi karne dumga."

Taking a pause, he continues further,

"Maine bohut koshish ki tumhe samjhane ki lekin tum nahi samjhi. Ab mujhe jo karna hai mein wo karunga..tum chaho ya na chaho lekin mein tumhe tumhari khushi lauta kar rahunga..tumhe aur sacrifices nahi karne dunga"

Saying so, he back off.

"Tumne abhi tak meri deewangi nahi dekhi, lekin ab tum dekhogi"

saying with extreme seriousness, he leaves from there leaving a shocked Naina behind. Deep down, she desires to be with him but stubbornness comes in the way of her love and desires.

What is he going to do now?