23. Love is in the Air

At the base camp, Gunny decides to speak to Vidya. After a text message from Rajveer, Gunny is well aware of the fact that everything is fine between Raj and Naina.

With a lot of courage, Gunny knocks on the door of Vidya.

In no time, Vidya opens the door and gets stunned upon finding Gunny at her doorstep that too so late at night.

"Aap.."

Vidya utters looking at Gunny

"Kya mein andar aa sakta hoon Vidya?"

Gunny asks politely

His sweetness melts Vidya's heart. Lowering her eyes, she leaves the way and lets Gunny in. Shutting the door behind her, she turns back towards Gunny. She gets shocked as she sees Gunny's hand held up in front of her and the engagement ring is missing from his finger.

"The engagement is broken Vidya."

Gunny admits calmly

Vidya stays stunned.

"Mathlab Raj ko sab pata chal gaya hai?""

Vidya asks in a whisper

Gunny nods in affirmation, smiling!

"Haan Vidya! Raj is aware of everything! Everything is fine between Raj and Naina - they are together Vidya!"

Gunny says with such happiness! He is aware of the love Raj and Naina have for each other! He wanted to see both his friends happy and finally, they are together, finally they are happy!

Vidya is sailing in the same boat! Her heart wells up with happiness! She knows how much Naina means to Rajveer! She has also seen the love in Naina's eyes for Rajveer!

Gunny looks at her and understands her condition very well!

He takes a step closer to her. Gunny gently grabs Vidya's hand. Vidya doesn't revolt but keeps staring him out of love and happiness!

Creasing her hand, Gunny says,

"I've kept my promise Vidya! Will you forgive me now, Vidya? Will you accept my feelings now?"

Vidya's heart skips a beat! It's clear he loves her so much! He is willing to do anything for her. Vidya's eyes tells Gunny that she too feels the same for him but he wants to hear it from her mouth.

Tears starts to flow down her eyes as she nods her head in affirmation.

"Thank you Gunny! Aaj Vidya ko lagta hai jaise Vidya ko apni koi khoi hui khushi wapis mil gayi! I...have started to fall in love with you Major Gunraj Singh Randhawa!"

Vidya's words touches and swells his heart out of happiness. It's the first time Vidya has referred to him as "Gunny"! Leaving her hand, he gets just a bit more close to her. Wiping her tears away, he plants a soft kiss on her forehead causing Vidya to close her eyes.  She feels something different today! She feels like she can be happy again!

"I love you too Vidya!"

Gunny whispers, pulling Vidya in his embrace!

Vidya hugs him back with the same intensity.

"Gunny, Vidya aapse kuch kehna chahti hai"

Says Vidya, leaning against his chest

"Kaho!"

Says Gunny

Breaking the hug, Vidya looks into Gunny's eyes and starts speaking,

"Gunny, I really love you but Vanch mera past tha to.."