Chapter 19 - The Wait is Over

Author's Notes:

⚠Trigger warning:  lots of drinking this chapter.⚠

The theme song for this chapter is:

Me & You   by   Cassie

~:~

Nick took my hand and led me to a booth near the corner he had been standing in when I arrived. Surprisingly, it had a 'Reserved' sign over it, so I assumed he must have been the one to reserve it. He motioned with his hand for me to take a seat and I chose one side of the booth. I sat on the right side of the booth, laying my rose down on the table in front of me, but instead of sitting across from me, he sat beside me, his eyes meeting mine inches away from my face.

Those intense green eyes looked at me as though I was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen, or perhaps the most arousing. I could hardly catch my breath looking at him and I was helpless to keep from looking away.

"Violet," he began, "You ... You're just so ..."

I exhaled, the air in my chest suddenly feeling tight. I'm just so what?

Instead of finishing his thought, Nick leaned in and began kissing my neck. The music was still loud here, but not like it was out on the dance floor. When his lips hit the right spot, my moan was loud enough that he chuckled.

"You like that?" he whispered, inches from my ear.

"Yes," I breathed.

"I can't wait to see what else you like. But first, let's get you that drink," he told me. I had a momentary lapse of nervousness, being that I'd always been told not to let my drink out of my sight with a guy I didn't know. Even if I knew Nick from our months of communicating online together, that was several years ago and you never knew how much you could trust that someone online was telling the truth about who they were.

Those fears were relieved when Nick motioned a waitress over to the booth. I didn't even know this bar had waitresses, but apparently if you had enough money to reserve a booth, you could get a waitress.

Just thinking of the fact that I was afraid of what Nick would do to my drink left me with doubts about my wanting to do this. As my nerves prickled, I looked around the bar and caught Iris's eye. She was dancing with a man probably ten years younger than her and his eyes were fastened squarely on her chest, but she gave me a reassuring smile and a wave, letting me know that she was keeping an eye on me. I was safe, so I just needed to chill the fuck out. A drink would help with that.

Nick looked at me expectantly, and I asked the waitress for the drink that I thought would loosen me up the fastest, knowing that if Nick had reserved the table here, Nick would not have a problem with the whole bottle, "Could I get a Bacardi 151 on the rocks? And maybe we could just have the bottle?"

The waitress looked to Nick and he nodded.

"I'll have a Bud Light," Nick ordered.

If I was going to be loosening up, though, he would with me.

"Aww, Nick, come on. Have some fun with me," I urged, putting my left hand on his leg just above his knee.

Nick sat up straighter than before and told her, "Alright, I'll have the 151, too."

With that, the waitress left, returning quickly with two glasses and the bottle. Once my glass was in front of me and full, I took a few sips. It burned, but I drank it down. After I took those first few sips, I downed the whole glass, then looked at Nick's glass to see that he had drank half of his already, too.