Chapter 6 - Kinks

One year ago ...

Although the meeting wasn't entirely without merit, it was dragging on and on. I could see from the windows that the snow outside was really coming down, but I knew Andrew would be waiting by my desk to meet me for lunch. Being in customer service had been like a calling to me because I loved helping others, but oftentimes, I felt like I didn't have any real power in my job and the tedium of official red tape could be a bit unwieldy at times.

Today's meeting was no different, for the most part, giving us helpful tips, but also full of lots of policy and procedure on what we could and couldn't offer to our customers. However, what was different today was the breathtaking view. Joining us was a mysterious man from our home office in Italy and he was a sight to behold. 

 Flawless tanned skin, jet black hair, and eyes as dark as Andrew's that seemed to be pinning me in place when I glanced over at him were directly across the long conference table from me. His exquisite tailored suit clung to his muscular form, showing almost too good of a body for a man who spent all of his time working at a desk in an office. 

 I was a happily married woman, but my eyes could still enjoy what was before them. I may have found myself staring back more than I should have to properly focus on the meeting agenda.

"Finally," Bob, who led the other product team, said, "I'd like you all to officially meet Antonio Bianchi from the Milan office. He'll be leading our counterparts over there, so he is going to be spending the next few weeks here to get familiar with how we do things in New York. He'll be taking some time each day to sit with some of you for an hour or two and listen in on each of your calls. I know we're keeping you all from your lunches, but please take a minute to introduce yourselves to Antonio. Any help you can give him in settling in would be appreciated." Bob looked right at me and added, "Violet, Antonio was telling me that he was looking for a good place to find good Thai food in town. I know you were telling me that you have a specific restaurant you're very passionate about. Maybe you could pass along the information?"

Bob was such a nice guy that I didn't think twice when he asked me. I smiled and replied simply, "Sure."

As soon as we adjourned, Antonio was at my side. Those dark eyes continued to undress me where I stood as he extended his hand to shake it, perhaps a bit too close to my chest. "Hello, Violetta."

Antonio's deep voice was almost as arresting as his appearance. A little casual flirting surely seemed harmless enough, especially since he would be headed back to Italy for the long haul in two weeks and was likely about to see Andrew in person in just a few minutes. I could always use the thoughts of Antonio as ammunition for even hotter sex with Andrew later tonight.

"It's nice to meet you, Antonio," I told him, "I'd love to help you find the Thai restaurant I'm talking about, but I'm late for some lunch plans that I have. If you'd like, I'd be glad to exchange cell phone numbers and I can get you the information later?"

"Certainly," he said, speaking in his almost lilting accent and pulling out his cell phone from his tailored suit pocket, punching a few buttons, and handing it to me, "Why don't you enter your number in and I'll send you a text right now?"

I took the phone and quickly entered my number under 'Violet Riley', then handed it back to him. He typed out a quick text and then I got it on my phone:

Text from unknown number: Ciao Violetta

I smiled and replied back, simply: Got it. Thanks. I'll send you the restaurant name after lunch.

As I walked to my desk, Antonio followed. When I arrived, Andrew was standing there in his tank and shorts, straight from his workout, all of his muscles on display, looking simply luscious.