Chapter 8 - Enjoy It While It's Here

Author's Note:

From now on, every chapter will have a theme song, based mostly on the lyrics, if I can come up with one for it (recommendations welcome if I can't). I got so many playlist recommendations that I'm still going through several of them, but I've already picked out songs for several of the chapters I have already written or have planned.

This chapter's theme song is:

Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry

~-~

Andrew pulled back my hair from my ear and rasped against my earlobe, "Speaking of getting some ..."

My whole body instantly ignited at his words, his sultry voice, and the feel of his breath on my ear.

"Are you sure you're up for that?" I asked, tentatively.

"Violet, as long as I can, I want to spend the time I have left enjoying being married to the beautiful woman I love."

My lungs still wracked with sobs as I turned to face him and saw the desire coloring Andrews' eyes. He cupped my cheek gently and brought his lips to mine. As they met and our breaths mingled, my mouth parted effortlessly to his. Kissing Andrew now, knowing he was going to be dying sooner than I would have ever imagined, was like breathing.

It was necessary. Crucial. Critical.

I moved my arms around Andrew's neck and began running them through his hair, clutching him to me and unable to find any way to pull him close enough. I drank him in like he was oxygen. I would die without this kiss. Tears still trickled down my cheeks; I couldn't stop them. I could taste the salt of my tears on his lips as I devoured him.

My tongue tangled with his, feeling an aching need for this closeness. For all I knew, with the uncertainty that his future held, this might be the last chance I get to be with him and I wanted to make it count. I turned my body towards his and straddled his lap, letting my skirt ride up over my thighs. I could already feel his thick hardness underneath me as I pressed my center close to his body and my hips began to subtly grind of their own volition up against him.

My tears continued to flow as Andrew ran his hands down along my back and cupped my ass, pulling my hips up against his own. I moaned into his beautiful mouth as he squeezed my tightly.

Make the moment count, Vi. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow isn't promised. Today is all that counts.

Another sob passed my lips as I inhaled him deeply, breathing Andrew's air. The taste of his breath passing into my lips was like the sweetest fire I'd ever known. My tongue tingled with the sensation of his gliding against it.

His hands circled around to my front and he began unbuttoning my blouse. I'd already wanted to anyways, but my body had a mind of its own as I pushed my breasts into his unbuttoning hands, urging him to caress them. Once he had the buttons undone, Andrew spread my shirt wide, untucking it from my skirt in the process, then ran his palms along my sides and up my ribs, the softness of his gentle touch on my skin making my nipples pebble even harder, until his hands were cupping my breasts, his thumbs strumming my sensitive hardened nipples.

I inhaled deeply from his mouth and ground my hips down against him as his fingers pinched at the sensitive peak. Another tear dripped into our parted lips, but the saltiness did nothing to detract from the moment together or the feelings we shared. I moaned as I felt Andrew's hardness under me, just a few layers between our bodies. My silky panties were drenched and soaking through Andrew's tightening pants.