Chapter 26 - Out of Bounds

Author's Notes:

The theme song of this chapter is:

Closer     by      Nine Inch Nails

~:~

"So, Violetta," Antonio said, "you can see how this is different from the way the New York office handles repurchase requests."

I nodded, thinking about how the company did business so drastically differently in Milan. "I can. This is really wild."

"I think that's about all we have to cover. It's getting late. My wife Vittoria and I had some rather adult plans with Lorenzo for this evening, but I'm sure she would be willing to go somewhere else for the evening again if you wanted to join us instead."

Wife? Join? I barely had time to process the first thing before I heard the second. "You mean 'join' as in, join you in bed?"

Antonio's mouth twitched up. "Well, I think you know what I'm referring to, but it doesn't always involve a bed."

"And you want me to join?" I asked, "Instead of your wife?"

"That would be the general idea, Violetta."

My mind reeled at this new information and his question. How did I feel about what I had done now, knowing that I had sex with a married man, especially knowing that his wife participated in threesomes with him and another man? Married or not, did I want to have a threesome?

"Does your wife know that you're asking me to take her place?"

"Of course, she does," he replied, so matter-of-fact it was almost as if I had asked him if she ever does the cooking, "It didn't seem that you were interested in women or I would ask you to take Lorenzo's place instead of Vittoria's. She saw your face on the company website and finds you very attractive."

"So, she doesn't mind if I ...?" I let the question trail off.

"No, not at all, Violetta. Although, with your permission, I might want to record tonight and let her watch."

"Record?" I was a little shocked.

"Only with your consent. If you're not comfortable with it, I wouldn't."

I shook my head faster than was necessary. "No, no recordings!"

"That's fine, Violetta. So does that mean you're willing to join tonight?"

Was I?

I took a breath and thought for a moment. The whole sympathy sex experience was about being with someone just for the sake of physical pleasure. No strings, no attachment, just making your body feel good as a temporary release.

Was it really all that different to make it two people at once instead of just one?

"I don't know Lorenzo. Can I trust him?"

"I promise you that I am in charge. He won't do anything to you without your complete consent."

I gave a hesitant nod. "Okay."

~:~

Standing in the entryway to Antonio's house, the goosebumps began to rise. The three of us had dinner at a restaurant before arriving and it gave us a chance to just get to know one another, but we didn't talk about what was going to happen tonight at all. I assumed it wasn't something we really wanted to talk about in public where just anyone could overhear, but I was nervous about this.

Still, I had a few more glasses of wine than were needed at dinner, partially to make me more comfortable with this unusual situation, partially to lower my inhibitions for the night that lay ahead.