Chapter 2

Hanamaki's POV

Another stupid night. I pulled on my uniform and started the night. My manager had told us all something about the owner was actually showing up today, so we had to be on our best behavior. 

Pft, count me as impressed. The high and mighty rich boy was coming here? How awful for him. Not that seeing what was happening to his own staff would make any difference to him, I'm sure. 

I spent a while doing my normal work when I noticed someone staring at me. The best I could, I smiled and walked over to him.

"Is there anything I could get you, sir?" I asked, the man tilting his head to the side a bit. 

"What's your name?" He asked with a grin. Ugh... can't he just tell me what he wants to drink? Nope, has to be another stupid, horny, rich person here to blow money on trying to drag the waiters, half of who are basically prostitutes at this point, out of here to get them into bed. 

"Hanamaki." I said politely, the man smiling and nodding. 

"What's your favorite drink here, huh?"

"Oh, I don't really drink, sir." 

"Then why don't you join me for one?"

"Oh... No thank you sir. I'm also working." I said, hoping he'd leave me alone. But he reached into his pocket.

"I'll pay you the time you miss."

"No thank you sir."

"What if I pay you double?"

"..."

"What about triple?" He said, making me bite my bottom lip. I really, really, don't want to take that offer. But... triple what I make for perhaps an hour..?

"...Alright." I mumbled, the man smiling as I slowly sat in the seat across from him. He called over another waiter and ordered us both something. I really wasn't sure I should be doing this, especially drinking since I had to go back home. I couldn't afford a car so I walked, but, still... I don't think I've ever drank. 

I looked down at the drink placed in front of me, the man smiling slightly and waiting for me to try it. I took in a breath and took a sip, scrunching my nose at the burn as the man laughed. 

"You good?"

"It's, uh... different, than what I've ever drank before." I said, the man shrugging and taking something from his pocket. It looked like a cigarette. People smoked in here all the time, and it made me feel guilty when I'd go home. I didn't like bringing even just the scent into my home where my son was. 

"Alright, why don't you try this?" He asked, passing me the smoke he had. I refused on that one, and he shrugged and placed it back between his lips. I avoided drinking, also cause it just tasted awful. 

"Here, why don't you try my drink. It might be better." The man said. I held back a sigh and tried his. It was a bit better, but I still wasn't keen on drinking more than a couple sips here and there to appease the guy.

"So, Hanamaki, why don't you tell me about yourself?"

"Oh, well... I'm 25." I saw awkwardly. I had no idea who this guy was. I didn't want to share with him anything about me really. 

"So am I. You married?"

"No."

"Any kids?"

"..One."

"How old?" He asked. I furrowed my brows, a bit concerned about why he seemed curious about the fact I had a kid. 

"Sir, I agreed to have a drink with you. Not talk about my kid."  

"You're right, you're right. Here, you probably want to get back to work." He said with a smile, handing me a generous amount of cash. This didn't look like triple, it looked like more. I glanced at the man who smiled and got up before he just left. I wonder who that was?

Time Skip

"Makki, that you?"

"Yeah. Is Ayumu in bed?" I asked, my sister nodding and heading out. I went down the hall, peaking into my son's room to make sure he was okay before going to my room to change. I climbed into bed, closing my eyes when suddenly something climbed on me.

"Hi daddy!"

"Ayumu... you should be asleep.."

"I heard you come home!"

"Oh, well, I'm home now baby. So, let's go to bed..."

"Can we draw?? Auntie brought me new crayons!"

".....You want to draw... now?"

"Uh huh!"

"Aren't you tired..? It's 2 in the morning.."

"I wanna draw with you!!" Ayumu said stubbornly. I sighed, sitting up and nodding as I flicked on my lamp.

"Okay... Go get the crayons and your book and we'll draw." I said, my son running off to his room to go get the art supplies. 

All I wanted to do was sleep. But, my son came first. He never got to see me.. I'd wake him up and taking him to a sitter's place, then pick him up and stay with him an hour, then leave again. And I do feel guilty about it. He's too little to understand I leave him alone so much because if I don't, we go homeless. 

After a few moments, Ayumu ran back and climbed into my lap. He showed me all the colors in the crayon box before picking a picture of a cat in the book to color. I stayed awake and watched him color while listening to him tell me all about his day. 

"Daddy?"

"Mm?"

"Can we go to the park tomorrow?" He asked with a smile since he knew I had Sundays off.. At least from my day job. I smiled faintly and nodded while giving his hair a ruffle. He giggled and hugged me tightly. 

"Thank you!"

"Of course..."

"Look! I'm done." He said when he pulled away and held up the picture. I laughed faintly and nodded before helping him clean everything up.

"Okay.. do you think we can please go to bed now?" I asked, Ayumu nodding as I turned the lamp off and let him lay on top of me to sleep. If he and I were going out tomorrow, maybe I could surprise him and take him to buy something.

 I can't believe that guy gave me so much money for only sitting with him for an hour. Well, what is it to that guy? This was probably pocket change for him. That's what you get for being rich, I guess. Meh. I wouldn't know.