Chapter 4

Hanamaki's POV
I looked out the window when it was noon. And holy crap, that isn't a car, that was a limo? I don't care if I had to go through a date for a paid week off, but does he need to use a whole ass limousine? Whatever, just an evening..

After I pulled on my jacket, I headed out and outside where Matsukawa was standing. He smiled at me, tucking his hands into his pockets.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah. Where're we going?"

"It's a lovely day, so, I am going to take you on my yacht."

"...I- alright. Come on, let's go." I said, Matsukawa smiling as the driver of his limo opened the door for us. We both climbed inside and sat down. Wow.. I've never even seen the inside of a limousine, let alone been in one...

Matsukawa's POV
I chuckled slightly at Hanamaki's expression when we got to the lake. I don't think he ever has seen a yacht before. But today, he'll get to go on one. I owned several, this was one of the smaller ones since it would only be holding two people as passengers on it.

I held my hand out for Hanamaki to step onto the yacht with me. He looked at me quietly before slowly placing his hand in mine for the extra balance. Once we were both on and a bit out into the water, Hanamaki spent much of the time by the edge of the boat, looking down at the water. I walked over and joined him, leaning over the side a bit with a small smile.

"Enjoying yourself?" I asked, startling Hanamaki. He looked at me with a small laugh before he nodded and looked back down into the water.

"I've never been on a boat like this before. Have you seen all those fish down there!" He said a bit excitedly. I looked down and did notice a bunch of larger fish. I've never noticed the animals in the water before, never looked. Normally when I took one of my yachts out, it was for parties and drinking. But, I was glad that Hanamaki looked like he was enjoying himself. My parents were going to host a dinner party, I could ask Hanamaki to be my date there as well, depending on how today went.

It'd be preferable to have a boyfriend, or even a girlfriend, who's higher status. I mean, Hanamaki is just a server working minimum wage in a club. My parents would much more prefer someone in the same class as we are, and I would too. But I can't find anyone like that. And it isn't like I can exactly impress them with my money when they have as much as me. But a poor server with a kid? Easy to impress.

Hanamaki's POV
We spent a few hours on that yacht, and I do have to admit, it was really cool. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I'd get to do something like that. And I guess that Matsukawa's company wasn't that unbearable. It didn't really feel like a date, it was more of me just standing by myself while Mr. Rich Boy over there smoked or drank while watching from afar.

Once we were off the yacht and I was back home, I thanked Matsukawa for the nice time. I was surprised when he almost cornered me against the wall by my apartment door and gave my cheek a kiss. After that, he just left while I was stood there in, a bit of shock.

Even though it was a shock, I felt a butterfly in the stomach feeling. Ever since Ayumu's mother left us, I don't think that I've ever even had any physical touch from a date before. Not that I went on any since I was so busy. But it isn't like I didn't think about having someone to be intimate with. I was like anyone else. Even though I was a busy father, I still wanted a partner to have to love and to love me.

It was ridiculous that just a kiss on the cheek was making me think so much... Just, ignore it... I need to go pick up Ayumu anyway. I quietly went inside my apartment and fixed myself up a bit before heading out. My younger sister had him today, so I went to her place and thanked her when I got my son. I picked him up, smiling as he held onto me.

"Hey, how was your visit?" I asked, Ayumu holding onto me happily.

"Good!"

"Yeah? Wanna tell me about it?" I asked, knowing I'd hear a bunch of rambling until we got home. Ayumu tired himself out from so much talking and fell asleep on me halfway home. I smiled faintly, holding him closer as I walked.

I was still curious about why Matsukawa asked me out, of anyone else in the world. I had nothing special to offer him. In fact, the fact that I had a child would make it harder to want to date me I'd think. I didn't have anything to offer to Matsukawa. I had no money, no nice things or plans for anything, so, why me? And it wasn't like we knew each other.

Did he see something in me?? He must. Why else would he even talk to me? The thought made my stomach flutter again. It made me quite happy to think someone liked me. But did I liked Matsukawa? I never knew who he was, but I always convinced myself that I hated him. I hated whoever owned and ran that club, bar, thing. I hated them because they let a bunch of noise and harassment by customers continue. But now that I've kinda met the owner, he isn't as bad as a guy as I had envisioned.

Say.. say he and I did end up dating... Then I'd have someone for Ayumu... Who knows what would happen in the future with anything. Maybe nothing would happen. Maybe after this week passes, then life would just go back to normal and Matsukawa would disappear from my life. But if he doesn't, then, maybe I should give him a chance.