Chapter 20

Next Morning: Hanamaki's POV

"There you are." I turned around, smiling when Matsukawa wandered over half asleep. He wrapped his arms around my waist while I turned back around to continue cooking us breakfast.

"Sorry, I woke up early."

"Mm, that's fine. I just woke up and you weren't in bed with me." He said, beginning to gently kiss at the crook of my neck. I hummed slightly in contentment at the feeling. 

"Matsukawa, you're gonna make me burn our food." I mumbled, Matsukawa humming slightly in acknowledgement.

"Do you want me to stop?" He asked, putting a pause on what he was doing. I bit my bottom lip before quietly turning off the burners and turning around. Matsukawa looked at me quietly as I grinned slightly and grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"Hanamaki??"

"We have a few more hours before my sister is going to be dropping Ayumu off." 

"I..-" Matsukawa stuttered a bit. I smiled and pulled him away from the kitchen and back to his room. I managed to push him down onto his bed and straddle myself over his lap.

Last time, he and I were interrupted for something important. But I wasn't too worried this time. The hospital sent me an email this morning with the results and reports about Ayumu's blood tests. Guess it was just a bit of a bad flu and a high, bad fever came with it. 

It had scared me to death when it happened. Ayumu meant everything to me, and I don't know what I would do if I had to lose him. But it meant a lot that Matsukawa was there for me. He stayed with me the whole night at the hospital, and he paid the hospital bill for me. 

I wasn't just thankful for the financial help, but he had actually done a lot that night to comfort me, which showed me he did care about me, more than just for any kind of money or status purposes. So, I was a bit more willing to be intimate with him... I mean, I got needs too. 

After I made myself comfortable, I leaned down and kissed my boyfriend. He looked like more of a blushing mess than I was. When we had to pull away for air, I glanced at the clock sitting on his nightstand before nodding.

"We have 2 hours. Let's make the best of it." 

Matsukawa's POV

I dragged myself out of bed when there was the sound of the doorbell. I yawned and adjusted my shirt, opening the door and seeing Hanamaki's sister holding Ayumu.

"Hey."

"Good morning!"

"Hey Ayumu. Did you have a good time?" I asked with a small smile, Ayumu nodding as his aunt set him down and he looked up at me.

"Where's my dad??"

"He's asleep right now kiddo."

"I'm gonna go see him!"

"Don't wake him up..!" I called after him. Ayumu shouted back an okay as he disappeared up the stairs. I sighed and shook my head as Hanamaki's sister giggled.

"He's a good kid, he'll listen. Probably."

"Yeah. Thank you for watching him."

"Of course. I love spending time with him. So. I see you and my brother were busy."

"Huh?"

"Come on, he never sleeps in this late. And you look like you showered."

"....Uh."

"Don't worry, I won't bring it up to him. But take advantage of him again and I'll kill you." His sister said. I widened my eyes and held my hands up.

"I'm not...!"

"Good. Anyway, I gotta get going!" She said, returning to smiling. I watched her leave before shutting the door and shaking my head. Okay, that was scary.. Good to keep in mind Hanamaki has scary siblings. 

After the door was locked, I went back to my room to see that Ayumu had climbed into bed and was currently cuddling with his dad. I smiled faintly, walking over and laying next to them. Ayumu smiled and moved so he was laying on top of me now.

"Did you have a good time with your aunt?"

"Uh huh. We went to the park, and I got to see a puppy!" Ayumu said with enthusiasm. I laughed faintly and nodded, listening to him describe every detail of his overnight trip to his aunt's. 

It was a strange thing, right now. I was so used to spending every ounce of spare time working or socializing to try and climb those ranks in the world. Always trying to get high enough of a social standing for my parents' approval.

But right now, I was laying in bed with my boyfriend and his son who was still talking about his overnight adventure. I wasn't doing anything particularly productive. And I even got upset and left an event that my parents had been hosting last night. But this is the happiest I've been in... gee, probably years.

I didn't feel the need to be working myself so hard in competition for more business. The night clubs I owned made plenty of money and I wasn't careless with money or anything. So, I had plenty to take care of myself and to take care of Hanamaki and Ayumu. 

My parents kept telling me that I should be working on more businesses and networking. And it was fine sometimes for work, it was necessary. But nothing felt more fulfilling than this moment right here.