Chapter 11

A week time skip: Hanamaki's POV

"Matsu-"

"Not now babe, I'm busy." Matsukawa said, not tearing his eyes away from a paper he was reading and giving me a kiss on the head. He walked off and left me in our room which made me sigh. 

He promised me a while ago that we could go on a date together. And like a normal date, not one at an event or somewhere expensive. But he hasn't even talked to me about it since he told me that we could go. And any time I try and bring it up, he does what he just did and brushes it off and ignores me.

...Seems the only time he pays attention to me is when he wants me to go somewhere with him. I've been putting up with it because I want us to be able to have a good relationship and I want a good home and life for Ayumu. But, this isn't a relationship. And I'd rather take my son and move than stay here.

It isn't like Matsukawa pays much attention to either of us. Yeah, he's bought us a lot of things. Which, is fine I guess.. The toys and such are wonderful for Ayumu, and I do appreciate the.. insane amount of expensive jewelry and clothes that Matsukawa was giving me. But I don't have a use for all of it. I'd much rather have some quality time with him than all these purchases. 

I got up and followed after Matsukawa. I found him in one of his little study rooms and knocked before walking in and over to him. He lifted his head and looked at me for a moment before back down to the papers on his desk.

"Matsukawa, we do really need to talk."

"I told you I'm busy."

"Well you can spare a good 10 minutes on the person you live with." I said in annoyance, walking over and sitting on his desk. Matsukawa looked up at me with a surprised look before sighing and leaning back in his chair.

"....Okay, what do you want? Want another ring?"

"Since when have I ever come to you asking for more jewelry or clothes in the, a bit over a month, we've been dating now?"

"Well, what else do you-"

"I want to ask when you plan on actually taking me out on that date you promised me almost over a week ago." 

"I told you that I've been busy, but I promise we'll go."

"When??"

"When I have some more time."

"Uh huh, and when will that be?"

"I don't know." Matsukawa said with a shrug. He leaned forward to try and get his things from his desk, but I just leaned back and crossed my legs, showing him I wasn't moving. 

"Matsukawa, we have gone out like 2 times in the past week. And they were both places you wanted to go. You had time for that, but not for me?"

"Well-"

"Why is it that anytime we go out, it's in front of a crowd.. Is that all I'm good for to you?"

"..." Matsukawa suddenly got quiet. I felt an ache in my chest even though I knew somewhere in my head that what I said was true ever since we met. Though, I was kinda hoping it wasn't true.. 

"Fine." I said, getting off the desk and walking around it to the opposite side. Matsukawa looked at me as I pulled the ring he gave me off my finger and set it down. 

"What are you doing...??"

"I'm going to take Ayumu, pack, and leave."

Matsukawa's POV

Hanamaki left before I could say anything. I looked down at the ring he left on my desk before I grabbed it and followed him. He couldn't leave..! What would I tell my parents or the family about it? I felt a panic feeling rise in my chest and a twisting in my stomach I've never felt before. Hanamaki was in Ayumu's room, talking to him quietly.

"Babe, come on let's talk-"

"Stop it. Stop calling me that." 

"...Look, I'm sorry..."

"You say that every time I get upset. But you don't do anything to change it. Come on Ayumu, can you go get your favorite toys to set aside?" He said with a gentle smile, Ayumu hugging his dad and nodding as he ran over to his closet. 

I watched in silence before walking over to Hanamaki. He stood up and shoved the sweater coat he was wearing at me. I widened my eyes in surprise as he looked up at me. He stared quietly before glancing down at his hands.

"...Maybe the next boyfriend, you can show that you love them without all these material possessions." He grumbled, pulling himself away from me and moving over to his son. He kneeled down, smiling and helping Ayumu hold or carry things. 

I stood there a moment more before quietly turning to leave. I went back to my room and sat on the bed, setting the sweater into my lap. If Hanamaki leaves... what am I going to tell my parents? And I can't make him stay.. He doesn't want anything I've offered to buy him. 

My thoughts were disturbed when Hanamaki walked in, ignoring me and grabbing some of the drawings Ayumu made us that he had put up on the walls

"Where do you plan on moving to?"

"I'll find somewhere."

"Then what about for a job."

"I have a day job.. and, I'll find a new night one." 

"I didn't say I was firing you or anything." 

"Just leave me alone.. I'll figure out how to make enough money for Ayumu and I." He said, leaving the room again. I bit my bottom lip before shaking my head and setting the sweater aside. 

Fine. If he wants to leave, then he can leave. I'll find someone else. I just hope that I can figure a good excuse to tell my parents until I find a replacement.