Chapter 21

A/N Probably last chapter. Tysm for reading! <3

Currently, have an (omega verse) Ukatake story, a (fantasy AU) Iwaoi story, and will be starting up a (nekoverse) Kuroken story soon. So if any of those interest you, take a look please!

Few Months Time Skip: Hanamaki's POV

"Where are you going...!" Matsukawa complained as I laughed and gave him a kiss. 

"Calm down you big baby. We'll be back we're just going to the store."

"Well, how long are you gonna be gone?"

"I don't know, maybe an hour?" I said as I picked Ayumu up. Matsukawa nodded and gave me and then Ayumu a kiss goodbye.

"Fine, I'll see you two then." He said, Ayumu smiling happily and nodding before saying loudly.

"Bye daddy!" He said as we headed out. Ayumu has been calling Matsukawa his dad ever since that scare we had when he had a bad fever and had to spend the night in the hospital. Neither of us minded though.

Things with Matsukawa have been a lot better than I ever expected. I don't think I actually expected him to really bother changing after I decided to give him a second chance. As awful as it sounded, I kind of expected him to just go back to asking me to do whatever it is he wanted. 

But he hasn't. He asked me that one time to go to that dinner party where his mom basically told me I was being a pain in the ass, but since that night, he's not asked me nor gone to any of his parents' events. 

I think Matsukawa finally got it through his thick head that he can be happy without only focusing on money or what other people think. And that made me happy. He's been focusing on me and Ayumu more than his work. Of course his work was still important, but he didn't overwork himself or prioritize it over us. 

Ayumu and I did end up moving back in with Matsukawa, but everything was good this time. I didn't feel concerned about our relationship. I actually felt quite excited about what it would hold for the future.

Matsukawa's POV

While Hanamaki was gone, I decided to just get some work done. That way, when he and Ayumu would get back, I wouldn't have much, or hopefully anything, really left to do for the day. I didn't have too much to do anyway, honestly.

I had a few calls, emails, blah blah blah to check on my employees and those who I placed in charge of management to see how everything was going. Just as I finished typing the last email to one of the managers who managed one of the clubs in a city a few hours away, I heard the door open and Ayumu shout they were home.

I couldn't help but smile slightly. I shut off my computer and went downstairs, Ayumu hopping over to me. I laughed, leaning down and hugging him when he grabbed onto me.

"Hey, did you guys get what you needed?" I asked, picking Ayumu up while walking over to Hanamaki. My boyfriend nodded, smiling when I gave him a small kiss which earned a small "ew" from Ayumu. 

We both laughed and walked to the kitchen where Hanamaki set the groceries down and started putting things away. I set Ayumu down and helped him, listening to Hanamaki complain about one of the cashiers there. 

After everything was put away, Hanamaki sighed and wandered over to me. He wrapped his arms around my neck. I tilted my head when he leaned up a little bit and kissed me, holding onto me tighter.

"Mm... Hanamaki?"

"I need to start dinner. Could you go get Ayumu bathed and changed so he'll be ready for bed afterward?"

"What's with the hurry to get him to bed, huh??"

"No reason." He said, giving me a small grin. I chuckled and nodded, letting him pull away from me as he went to the kitchen and I went upstairs to get Ayumu all ready for the night. When I got to Ayumu's room, he looked up from his bed and smiled.

"Hi daddy!"

"Hey kiddo. Are you ready for a bath before dinner??" I asked, Ayumu nodding and letting me pick him up. Ayumu was almost 6 now, so he was at a point he could pretty much bathe by himself. Of course Hanamaki and I would make sure he didn't hurt himself or cleaned properly by checking every so often, but he was doing fine.

After his bath, I smiled and helped Ayumu wrap up in a little towel. One of those towels that had a hood on the top. He always looked so cute in it. We went back to his room and picked out some pajamas for him to wear before we heard dinner was done. 

The evening went smoothly. We ate, Hanamaki took Ayumu to brush his teeth and such and tuck him in while I cleaned up. Soon, my boyfriend and I were together in our bed alone. He climbed on top of me, leaning down and kissing me happily.

I grabbed onto his hips and switched our positions so he was underneath me. He grinned as I kept him pinned down.

"Someone's gotten more confident." He teased, making me smile.

"Oh hush you." I said, loosening my grip on his wrists while I kissed him. Hanamaki was the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me... I never imagined to be this happy in my life. I always thought the only important thing was money and status. 

But thankfully, Hanamaki taught me just how dead wrong I was. And I couldn't wait to show him just how much he taught me when I finally will be able to propose to him.