Chapter 6

Matsukawa's POV

As soon as we pulled into my driveway, both Hanamaki and his son's eyes widened. We all climbed out of the car and to the door. When I opened the door, I smiled and stepped inside with them, asking they remove their shoes first. Once their shoes were off, I sighed softly.

"Alright, both of you, feel free to have a look around." I said with a smile, watching Hanamaki set down Ayumu but still holding his hand. I raised my brow slightly, expecting Hanamaki to walk around where he liked, but he let Ayumu lead the way. 

I followed the two around just so they wouldn't get lost, and so Ayumu wouldn't break anything. I wasn't super ecstatic when I had heard about Ayumu and how young he was. But, the younger the better if they are to stay here, in a way. The younger, the more used to me he would be. 

But I usually hated young children. They were noisy, needy, and careless. But, if it takes putting up with Ayumu to keep Hanamaki here, then I guess it will work. I can always hire a nanny or something. 

"Daddy! Look!" Ayumu shouted, dragging his dad towards the door where the pool could be seen. Hanamaki laughed slightly and followed his son around wherever he wished. 

I don't understand why he did this. It puzzled me why he was just listening to whatever his son asked. Ayumu was 5 now. He could walk and wander about on his own. He was old enough to start being left alone. After all, that's how my parents raised me. 

Hanamaki's POV

This house was insanely big... I'm pretty sure that the bathroom was larger than my entire apartment...! It'd be a dream to live somewhere like this, but, moving in with Matsukawa is so sudden. Yet, it'd be a better home, a much much better home, for Ayumu. 

"Well, you two have seen most of the house, what do you think?" Matsukawa asked. I looked down at Ayumu before picking him up.

"Um.. give us a minute." I said, carrying my son to another room and sitting on the floor with him. Ayumu held onto me and tilted his head, yet smiled happily at me.

"Are we gonna live here?"

"Well... Do you want to?"

"Yeah!"

"We would have to live with Mr. Matsukawa."

"We would?"

"Yeah. It's his home." I said, which made me all the more worried. What if he kicked us out?? Where on earth would I go? I mean, the apartment complex I currently live at..  what if my apartment gets taken and I can't move back in? I refuse to let my son be homeless. 

I suppose I had my family. It'd be such a burden on them if I had to move in with any of them though.. But, before anything, before any decisions. I want to know why Matsukawa was doing this.

"Hey, Matsukawa? Can you come here?"

"Sure. Is something wrong?"

"Why do you want me moving in with you, after only like a day?"

"Because it's perfectly normal for couples to live together."

"Yeah, but, after dating for a long time. Not after like a day." 

"Well, we will be together for a long time, right?"

"....I can't say for sure, Matsukawa." 

"Why not give it a shot?" He asked with a smile. I glanced down at Ayumu and stood up, sighing quietly.

"Why me?"

"What?"

"Why bother dating me? I have nothing to offer you. Not like you need any kind of money."

"Because I like you. I'd like to get to know you." He said with a gentler smile. I felt myself blush slightly. Gee, have I been out of any dating game for so long that just hearing that made me flustered...?

I just gave a small nod and kneeled back down, Ayumu waiting patiently and grabbing back onto me.

"...So, are you sure you want to live here?" I asked, willing to do anything for my son.

"Do you wanna??"

"If you do.. It is nice here." 

"I wanna live here." He said, making me smile gently and nod.

"Okay.. Alright. Matsukawa, you heard the answer." 

The Next Night: Matsukawa's POV

"So... are we sharing the bed..?"

"Of course. This is the master room." I said, Hanamaki nodding.

"Well, I do have to admit that this room is... is insanely nice."

(Can I be rich

(Can I be rich. Please)

"Come on, all your things are moved in. Let's go to bed." 

"Okay... Let me go check on Ayumu first." He said, leaving the room to go to the room I put his son in down the hall. I rolled my eyes once he was gone and simply climbed into the bed. Ayumu was fine, he was in a spacious room and all his things were unpacked.

When Hanamaki finally returned, I furrowed my brows to see that he had Ayumu in his arms. I watched as he got into bed with me. And his son.

"...What are you doing?"

"What?"

"Is there a reason he's here?"

"It's our first night here. And he's not used to being alone in a giant room like that." Hanamaki said a bit angrily. He rolled over onto his side with his back to me, his son curled up under the blanket with him. 

Honestly, it pissed me off a bit he was doing this. I quietly got up, stepping outside and closing the sliding door behind me while I looked out over the view. I don't care if I have to put up with Hanamaki in my bed. It was important I do for my reputation sake. And my parents want me to have a child, so it works out well.

But, why does Hanamaki bend over backwards for Ayumu? I looked over my shoulder to see the two fell asleep. The sight made me angry... If Hanamaki was to be my boyfriend, then I should be what he focuses on.