Chapter 3

Hanamaki's POV
"I'm gonna go on the slide!" Ayumu said to me as he ran off. I smiled faintly, following him to make sure he wouldn't hurt himself. I watched him go down the slide and continue running back up, getting in line, and doing the same. I looked around quietly before sighing. All these kids had their moms and dads here, or a brother and sister... I wish I could give the same to Ayumu.

Time Skip to Night
I stood around, refilling someone's drink when I noticed the same guy from yesterday was here. Normally I wouldn't go up to customers unless I had to serve them, but, I should at least thank this guy for such a generous "tip".

"Hello Hanamaki."

"Hello. Um.. Thank you for the payment, last night.." 

"Of course. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble and then your pay docked." 

"Right. Um, what's your name?"

"Matsukawa." He said with a grin. 

....Matsukawa.. As in, the owner of this fucking place? What the hell was he doing here? And basically harassing his own staff...!!

"..."

"Are you surprised or something?"

"..I just, wasn't expecting the owner to be here." 

"Heh, I came here to see how things were going."

"And.. how do you think things are going?"

"Things seem to be going well. I'm pleased with business."

"Yeah. I'm sure you are." I mumbled, Matsukawa tilting his head a bit with a smile.

"Why do you work here?"

"What do you mean?"

"I've had management tell me that there's been a complaint about the "comments" made by the customers. And your name is behind every single complaint."

"Oh. Well, I just don't like getting my ass slapped every 5 minutes by an old drunk man."

"So why don't you quit?"

"Because I can't...!"

"Oh? Is it because you have a child?" 

"Yeah.. So, please don't fire me." I said awkwardly. Matsukawa smiling slightly and shaking his head before he got up. I looked up at him as he grabbed his jacket from the back of the chair and putting it over his shoulder.

"Come with me."

"What??"

"Come home with me tonight."

"I- Sir, I can't. I'm suppose to go home to-"

"Bring your child with you." He said simply. What the hell was this guy thinking? 

"Why do you want me to go home with you..??!!"

"Because despite your constant complaints sent to me, you have consistently been the best worker here. And I would like you to have the night off, somewhere nicer than here. So, I will give you pay for what you miss here."

"...Uh. Are you serious?"

"Yes, 100% serious." He said with a smile. I tapped my fingers against the serving tray I had. I mean... I don't... It would be nice to get to spend time somewhere that isn't a cheap apartment. And, I think Ayumu would probably have fun somewhere, bigger. But, it's awfully weird of, basically my boss, to be offering this instead of like a paid vacation.

"Isn't it a bit strange... of you to be offering this? I mean I don't know you." I flat out said, Matsukawa laughing and shrugging.

"Perhaps. You don't have to. It doesn't seem like I can force you. You made that clear when I asked about your child. I'm offering." He said, seeming friendly enough. 

"I would like to.. but, I need to decline."

"Oh?"

"Sorry. It's a very generous offer, but, I can't bring my son somewhere I don't know."

"I understand."

"Thank you. I-"

"So why don't I take you somewhere instead!" He said with a smile. I widened my eyes in surprise.

"Wha- you don't have too...!"

"Why not?"

"I- because you're my boss!" I said, Matsukawa just shrugging. What is with this guy, seriously?

Matsukawa's POV

I smiled slightly as Hanamaki was busy trying to tell me I didn't need to pay him or whatever. I knew, kind of, who he was. I generally "knew" all the waiters, servers, entertainers, and other management here since I was the owner. But I never really met any of them, just saw their resumes and applications. 

I did originally come in here the other night just to check on everything, but I was interested in Hanamaki. Something about him was interesting. Not to mention he was cute. I'd love to have an evening or date with him. And I know he's unmarried. It's in his informational file.

"Alright. I'll make you a deal." I tried, Hanamaki sighing softly.

"What deal?"

"If you would like, I'll give you the week off, paid."

"Really?"

"If you let me take you out at least once." I said, Hanamaki tapping his fingers against the metal serving tray.

"....Can I ask, why, you're doing this? And not just because I'm "a good worker."?"

"You're cute." I said blatantly, a grin spreading across my face when Hanamaki seemed to blush. He cleared his throat before nodding.

"Okay.. Fine, it's a deal. But it needs to be during the day when my son can be at his sitters." 

"That's perfectly fine. Is tomorrow okay?"

"Yeah.. 12." 

"Perfect. May I come pick you up at your place?"

"Oh, you don't have to."

"It wouldn't be much of a date if I didn't." 

"Pft.. alright, fine." Hanamaki said, giving me his address with a small laugh. I think that's the first time I've seen some kind of genuine smile from him, and it was cute. I left him to continue working for the night while I headed home.

It was completely unprofessional of me to be asking one of the servers on a date. But, I don't care. Maybe I should try and find someone in a more, normal, way. But honestly, ever since I got dumped, I was kinda desperate for someone. 

Besides, it didn't look good to my family that I was single. And I knew Hanamaki was tight for money. So, if he goes on a date with a millionaire, maybe he'll be persuaded into a few more dates in front of my family.