Chapter 10

A/N: Sorry for random or slow updates. My family has been going through something. Everything is fine, just busy <3

Matsukawa's POV
Hanamaki followed me back into the restaurant with no problems. I was glad he agreed to come back in with me and calm down. After we sat together for a bit, Hanamaki excused himself to the restroom. I waited patiently when my dad walked over and smiled.

"Issei, may I talk to you?"

"Sure, dad."

"Are you sure you and Hanamaki are doing well?"

"Of course we are."

"Mm. So you two will be attending the charity tomorrow, yes?"

"Yeah. I told you we would be." I said, my dad raising his brow at me before nodding and leaving. I let out a bit of a held in breath once he was gone. Hanamaki was quite upset with me, I know he was. Maybe before the event tomorrow, I could buy him, and Ayumu, something nice.

Next Day

"Hey babe." I said, poking my head into our bedroom. Hanamaki looked over at me while he was sitting on the floor with Ayumu who was playing with some blocks.

"Hey. Where were you?"

"I went out and got you two something."

"..Oh??" 

"Both of you, close your eyes." I said, Hanamaki sighing gently and asking Ayumu to come over to him. Ayumu got up and sat in his dad's lap happily, giggling when Hanamaki covered his son's eyes before closing his own. 

I walked over and sat in front of the two. I grabbed Ayumu's gift first, hoping it would distract him so I could give Hanamaki his gift. 

"Alright Ayumu, here you go." I said, Hanamaki moving his hands out of the way and looking at the same time as Ayumu. The little boy tilted his head and took the expensive custom-made dragon stuffed animal that I had gotten made for him last night. 

"Wow! He looks just like my drawing!" Ayumu said excitedly. I smiled faintly and nodded, watching him run off over to the bed with his new toy. Ayumu sat distractedly playing with it as Hanamaki leaned forward.

"Where did you get that??"

"I had it custom made last night. I picked it up this morning. That.. dragon drawing, he gave you that you have.... hung up on our wall... is what it is modeled from."

"How much did that cost you..!?" 

"Few hundred." I said with a shrug, Hanamaki shaking his head before laughing slightly and sighing.

"Gee. Guess that isn't that much to you, huh? Well, thank you. He seems to love it."

"Well, I have something to give you now."

"Yeah?"

"Close your eyes." I said, Hanamaki listening. I grabbed his gift from my pocket before taking his hand and sliding the ring I had bought him onto his finger.

"Alright, open." I said quietly, Hanamaki opening his eyes and looking down at his hand. He stared at the ring made of pure gold, diamonds, and other colorful gemstones worth thousands of dollars. 

"...Matsukawa.. You really didn't have to get me something like this...!"

"Well, do you like it?"

"Of course I do, it's beautiful.. But-"

"Then that's all that matters." I said, giving him a small kiss. Hanamaki giggled slightly before kissing me again and looking back down at the ring.

"..Thank you. It's beautiful."

"I'm glad you like it. You'll be sure to wear it tonight, right?"

"If you'd like me to.. I don't want it getting lost or anything."

"If it gets lost, I can just buy another." I said with a shrug, Hanamaki furrowing his brows slightly but nodding. 

"..Right, you can just, buy another I suppose."

Hanamaki's POV

It was almost unbelievable that Matsukawa could see such a gift as so easily replaceable. I mean, technically it was easily replaceable with the amount of money he had, but, it was also special. It's a beautiful ring, and I suppose it would be nice to wear it to that event tonight. 

After Matsukawa got up and left the room, I walked over to the bed and sat down with Ayumu. I smiled gently, pulling him into my lap and watched him hug his new toy with a big smile.

"Do you like your present?"

"Uh huh!"

"I think we should go thank Mr. Matsukawa." I said, Ayumu nodding in agreement and humming to himself while I stood up with him still in my arms. I carried him out of the room to go find Matsukawa. 

It was.. very kind of him to have bought Ayumu such an expensive toy. And one that would be very personal to my son. It makes me feel bad for getting so upset with him the other night... Especially in front of a restaurant that his father had put so much work and money into. 

After we found Matsukawa, I set Ayumu down and smiled when he politely thanked him for the toy. Matsukawa nodded in acknowledgement before I told Ayumu he could go back and play. My son ended up running off while I walked up to my boyfriend.

"Hey, Matsukawa?"

"Mm?" 

"Really, thank you a lot for these gifts. You really didn't have to." I said, stepping in front of my boyfriend to get his attention. He looked down at me and raised his brow when I wrapped my arms around his neck. He smiled faintly when I kissed him.

"Mm, Hanamaki?" He said, placing his hands on my waist. I laughed slightly and shook my head, giving his cheek a quick kiss.

"Don't get any funny ideas now mister." I said with a giggle, Matsukawa sighing and pulling himself away from me. I widened my eyes a bit as he fixed his shirt in annoyance, as if I had just messed it up.

"I need to get ready for tonight. You do too."

"..Right. Am I wearing that same suit as yesterday?"

"Yes."

"Alright. Hey, before we get going, I had an idea."

"Mm?"

"So, when we go out together, you know, just the two of us, there was this place that I used to love to visit. I used to take Ayumu there, but he was only a baby so he probably doesn't remember it. So I may take him another time, but can we-"

"Yeah yeah we can go wherever you'd like, I told you. Now go on and get ready."

"..."

"Please baby?" Matsukawa said, giving me a small smile. I just sighed quietly, folding my arms and nodding.

"Alright."