chapter eleven

sarada's pov 

[ time skip, 2 days later ] 

after i gotten better from the whole sumire fiasco, i still felt uncomfortable at school. it felt like every 2 seconds i had guys checking me out, or trying to talk to me. it was really annoying, but i had gotten used to it. 

"hey sarada!" 

"you look good today!" 

"wanna hang out sometime?" 

i walked down the halls, blocking out what everyone was saying. to be honest with you, i hated all the attention. i felt someone join me, and to my surprise, it's bolt. 

"hey stranger." i say, elbowing him. he smiles at me, and puts his hands into his pockets. he looks completely out of it, and i didn't want to bother him more. 

we walk down the hall in complete silence. 

we both reach class and sit down. i could see boruto gazing at sumire, and my heart ached. i knew that he was in love with her, but i hated sumire. i wanted him to be happy, but not with her.. 

a boy walks up to me, and i snap out of it. 

"hey! i'm shohei." he says, smiling at me. i smile back. shohei was a kid in my history class and my math class. very respectful. 

"hey shohei. need anything?" i ask. he sits down next to me. "professor told us to partner up, and i was wondering if you could partner up with me? you can say no." he says. i glance over at bolt, who was going up to sumire. 

"sure! we can be partners." i say, fake smiling. he grabs the papers, and i don't know why, but i felt a little upset that bolt didn't choose me. he has every right to choose his girlfriend, but.. i thought he'd pick me to partner up with. 

oh well. 

boruto's pov 

[ 2 days earlier ] 

sumire and i had a little beach date tonight. i was so excited, finally spending time with her. 

she looked so gorgeous. her long hair was tied half up half down, and she was wearing a white dress. we had a little picnic on the shore of the ocean, and that night was when i said the big words. 

i love you.

she said it back. 

after that, i told myself i would spend as much time with her as possible. 

i was fully convinced that she was my soulmate. 

[ present time ] 

i could tell sarada was upset that i didn't pick her to be my partner. i reminded myself to hang out with her soon, since she was, still my best friend. no girl or guy can get through our friendship. 

i started working with sumire on the papers, but she really wasn't helping. my biggest pet peeve was when people didn't help on group projects. 

"hey, could you help me with this?" i ask her, smiling. her eyes don't move an inch. i patiently wait for her to get off of her phone and help me, but nothing. 

i love sumire and all, but can she just help me with the work? for once? 

i sigh and look over at sarada. she was partnered with a boy, who i identified as shohei. i got in a fight with him once in our freshman year since he was a jerk who picked on cho-cho. but he changed. i think. 

wait.. why is she hanging out with that jerk? has cho-cho not told her about the story? 

i cold feel myself getting annoyed, and i tried to calm down. without thinking, i get up and walk over to the two. 

"hey! could i borrow sarada for a quick second? i need some help with something." i lie, grabbing sarada by the arm. she looks at me, confused. 

"geez, what was that f-" she says. i interrupt her in a hushed whisper. 

"why are you hanging out with him?" 

"because i didn't have a partner. chill out bolt. scared of getting replaced?" she teases. 

"hey, i got a fight with him in freshman year 'cause he was being a jerk to cho-cho." 

"he's not a jerk!" 

"mm.. we don't know that. keep a distance would ya?" 

"whatever bolt. i only have to be his partner because SOMEONE ditched me." 

"sorry, sorry.." 

"forgiven. can we get ice cream after school?" she asks. 

i had a lot of homework due after school.. and sumire asked me to hangout with her.. 

"sure." i heard myself say.

"love you!" she says playfully. 

as she walks back to her table, i could feel a dark red blush approaching my cheeks. 

-

-

-

-

-

-

chapter eleven - done! 

author's note - 

hey guys! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. :))

i do NOT own the naruto / boruto series. 

word count - 795 

i love you guys so so much! stay safe. <3