chapter thirty four

december 19. 

sarada's pov 

"sarada, are you even paying attention?" cho-cho asks, throwing a tee at me. i snap out of my gaze, shifting my attention back to her. i throw the tee back to her. "sorry. i was just thinking." i apologize, stretching my feet out. 

"about the dumb blonde?" hima teases, going through cho-cho's closet. "this skirts cute," she tells cho-cho, throwing it at her. she catches it, showing her an approving look. 

"shikadai's gonna faint once he sees you." i tease her. she groans and playfully hits me, placing the skirt on her bed. "it's just a hangout at a restaurant." she reminds me. 

if only she knew what was going to happen.. 

"oh yeah, can you and hima come along? i need someone to stalk me." she says. i shrug, as hima excitedly nods her head. "sure! i have nothing else to do anyways." 

"i guess." i reply. cho-cho grabs a hoodie and throws it over herself. "meh. i'm just going to wear a hoodie and a skirt. i don't wanna be cold." she tells us. the door opens, and boruto comes in, dripped in sweat, and in his soccer uniform. 

it took every ounce inside of me not to gawk at his muscles.

"don't get the sweat on my side of the room!" cho-cho yells at him. 

"i won't, dattebasa. just wanted to check on my two favorite girls." he says, sticking his tounge out at cho-cho. 

"rude!" she shouts at him, throwing an empty bottle at his forehead. he laughs. cho-cho and boruto were the greatest of friends. their playful relationship is hilarious at times.

"reminds me, wanna eat out tonight, sa-ra-da?" bolt asks, jumping on cho-cho's bed. hima and cho-cho groan in unison. "just get together already." hima whines. 

yes, bolt and i aren't dating. sorry to disappoint! 

"sure. sorry cho!" i say, as bolt pulls me up. cho-cho shrugs. "it's fine! as long as borusara, props to mitsuki, comes alive!" she smiles. hima winks at me, as i groan. 

"hima, call mom. cho-cho, don't drive dai too crazy. i'm gonna steal this little girl for a little." he tells them, patting my head. hima nods, as cho-cho pushes us out the door. 

"bye! have fun!" she calls out, before locking the door. bolt and i both laugh, walking to our dorm. i spot inojin laying on the wall, his arms crossed above his head, kind of imitating shikadai.

"hey jin!" i say, waving at him. he leaves his shikadai position and gets up, crossing his arms. "hi smarts. got a second?" he asks. i look at bolt, and he nods. "take your time!" 

"thanks bo-ru-to." inojin says, nodding his head at him. he grabs my arm and bursts into conversation. 

"you scored a date with your lover? how are you feeling? is this the true love part?" he asks, excited. i flick his forehead. "first off, i'm not in a cinderella story. we're just eating out tonight." i remind him.

"whatever you say.. don't go around makin' babies!" he says, flicking my forehead. 

"EW! INOJIN YAMANAKA!" i yell, running away from him. he lets out a loud laugh. "BYE SMARTS! DON'T FORGET WHAT I TOLD YOU!" he yells, waving at me. bolt shows me a confused look, then breaking into a goofy grin. 

"what was that all about?" he asks, placing his arm over my shoulder. i smile. "nothing you need to worry about. he's just being embarrassing." i reassure him, as we start walking. he lets out a little chuckle. 

"you go and get ready. pick ya up at 6:30!" he says, opening the door of the dorm for me. i wave to him as i go in, running to my bed. i spot mitsuki in the corner, sitting in his chair. he looks up at me and smiles. 

"hi sarada. do you need help getting ready for your date?" mitsuki asks, smiling. i groan and throw a pillow at him. the pillow hits his face, messing up his hair. "that was very rude, sarada-chan." he teases. 

"mitsukiiii." i groan, heading to my suitcase. he shows me a fake confused look, as he chuckles. grabbing onto his pillow, he gets on his phone. i notice the flash go off. 

"MITSUKI!" i yell, putting my suitcase down. 

"don't worry! you'll only be famous on my snapchat story." he reassures. 

"you're so annoying. you better not caption anything bad." i tell him, looking through my suitcase.

"check for yourself!" he cheerfully says. 

grabbing my phone, i check his snapchat story. a picture of me going through my suitcase was there, captioned 'little sarada getting ready for a date with boruto!' 

"MITSUKI!" 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

chapter thirty four - done! 

author's note -

hey guys!! sorry for the late post. this has been in my drafts for like 2 days and i kept re-reading and adding changes to it. my writing is getting shittier everyday, rip. 

i do NOT own the naruto / boruto series.

word count - 778 

have a great sunday! <3