chapter fourteen

sarada's pov

much due to cho-cho's requests, i went on the date. 

boruto's words echoed throughout my mind. 

'i mean, i don't think he deserves you.'

am i a jewel or something? i think to myself. i snap out of my gaze, and i hop out of shohei's car. "thanks for the ride. where are we going?" i ask him. he points over to a spot where a picnic was set up. "right over there! shall we go?" he says, taking my hand.

"of course." i reply, shifting my hand into his. we run along the grass, the small breeze entering. we reach the picnic spot, and i looked at it in awe. there was a picnic blanket on the grass, along with some food. fairy lights were hung around the picnic spot, making it gorgeous. 

"it looks gorgeous!" i compliment him. he sheepishly laughs, "thanks sarada. i had a little help from my mom though. but yeah, i just did my ideal first date." he smiles. he was just like bolt, a mama's boy. 

we started eating, exchanging stories and laughing. i felt so comfortable around shohei. he was a really nice, caring guy. we brushed upon the topic of school and talked about our careers and what we were going for. he wanted to be an pharmacist, which didn't surprise me. he looked like the guy who'd do that. 

he seemed really encouraging when i said i wanted to be a nurse, much like my mom. it made me so grateful that he was supporting my dreams, boyfriend or not. 

as the night came to a wrap, he gave me a hug. 

"this might be a little too fast, and tell me if you're uncomfortable, okay?" he asks. i nod truthfully. he holds my hand and asks the big question. 

"sarada, will you be my girlfriend?"

part of me wants to pretend that i'm shocked, but i'm really not. i thought it through twice, and i knew my answer. 

my head was telling me no, but my heart was telling me yes. it's so cliche, but i followed my heart. 

"yes shohei. i'll be your girlfriend."

he smiles, and before i know it, we were laughing through the night as he walked me to my dorm. truthfully, i felt lots of guilt. here i was, with my boyfriend, yet wearing bolt's jacket. part of me loved it though, the big arms of the jacket protecting me, and the length of it made me feel like bolt was there with me. 

it made me feel safe. 

"night shohei! that was the best date ever." i say to him as we reach my dorm. 

"goodnight sarada. i hope you enjoyed it. see you tomorrow?" he asks, smiling. i nod and walk back into my dorm, flopping on my bed. 

"how was it?" bolt asks, sitting on my bed. i wrap the jacket around me, and give him a slow thumbs up. i didn't wanna tell him that i had a boyfriend, but i didn't wanna hide it from him. i sit up, right next to him. 

"promise you won't tell anyone?" i ask. 

"pinky promise." he says, wrapping his pinky around mine. 

"kay. i'm dating shohei now." i say, nonchalantly.

his face drops into an 'o'. i look at him, showing a small smile. 

"well, like i said earlier, as long as you're happy, i'm happy." he says, his voice cracking. 

"thanks b." i smile. 

a piece of my heart crumbled. i slowly was starting to regret saying yes to shohei. 

i knew deep down, i had more feelings than friendship to bolt. but i also liked shohei. i knew it, yet shoved it down inside, where no one would know.

"hey bolt?" i ask. he looks at me and raises an eyebrow. "i know this is weird, but can i wear one of your hoodies tonight? please?" 

"of course salad. you could of just stole it, ya know? you're so strict sometimes!" he rambles. i laugh and grab his black uzumaki hoodie. i change out of my outfit, which i adored, mostly because of the jacket. i slide the black uzumaki hoodie on, with my sweats and lucky socks. 

i walk back to the room, a smiling mitsuki and blushing boruto in it. 

"hey mitsuki. i didn't hear the door open. did you use some snake senses to get in?" i tease, putting my previous outfit in my laundry bag. as i put the laundry bag in the corner, he grabs his phone. he then starts playing a video, one where i asked if i could wear bolt's hoodie. 

"i actually didn't. i was just recording your little moment," he teases back. i could feel my cheeks heating up, bolt's becoming darker. he laughs. "i'm so putting this in your wedding slideshow!" 

i felt embarrassed, but didn't care that he shipped us again. i was kinda getting used to it, and to my surprise, kind of enjoyed it. 

it was so wrong, yet felt so right. 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

chapter fourteen - done! 

author's note :

hey guys! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. the new episode of boruto comes out today!! :) 

i do NOT own the naruto / boruto series. 

word count - 830 

stay safe! i love you guys so so much. <3