chapter thirty eight

christmas 

sarada's pov 

"to choji, love ino and shikamaru!" mama says. i groan quietly. i really wanted bolt to see the present i got for him. everyone else looks as mama passes the gift to uncle choji. i shift my attention to uncle choji's gift, as i feel a hand on mine. i look to my right, a smiling bolt placing his hand on mine. i smile back at him, the sides of my cheek growing warm.

"a giftcard to ichiraku's? and a basket full of chips? thanks ino, thanks shikamaru!" he announces, brightly smiling. uncle choji was always so positive, no matter what the gift was. auntie ino smiles back. "shikamaru took forever to pick out a gift." she shakes her head, laughing. uncle shikamaru groans, mumbling 'what a drag' under his breath. 

"so that's why you guys went shopping for 2 hours?" auntie temari asks, chuckling. auntie ino nods her head. "move along, sakura! we have a show to put on!" she then says. mama sticks her tounge out. "excited to see what sai got for you, ino-pig?" she retorts. 

the two break into laughter. mama has told me countless of stories about her and auntie ino. i think cho-cho and i are like that. i truly think every girl needs her best friend who'll be with her through thick and thin. 

"next up.. to sasuke, from naruto!" mama announces, smiling. uncle naruto whips out his phone, probably about to record papa's reaction. i sit back. when will we ever get to bolt's present? i start spacing out, before bolt squeezes my palm. i place my attention back to papa. he groans, placing a chicken plushie onto his shoulders. 

"see! sakura-chan, i told you he'd like it! ha!" uncle naruto says, sticking his tongue out at mama. she shakes her head, placing the wrapping paper on uncle naruto's head. "we should've went with the coffee basket, naruto." she says. auntie hinata laughs at the both of them, clutching onto uncle naruto's arm. "the coffee basket would've been more practical, naruto-kun." 

"come on hinataaa! don't side with sakura-chan!" uncle naruto pouts. she giggles and plants a small kiss on his cheek. 

uncle naruto, auntie hinata, mama, and papa reminded me of bolt, inojin, hima, and i. somewhat. 

"now, we have.. to inojin, from himawari! do i sense some romance in here?" mama teased. hima's eyes widened, her face turning a soft pink. i notice, out of the corner of my eye, inojin smiling. 

shikadai passes inojin's gift to him. he takes the light yellow tissue paper out softly, placing it on the ground. he notices everyone else watching him, and he takes the gift out of the bag. his gift was a sunflower, which i knew was from her sunflower garden at auntie ino's shop. there was also a box of art supplies, and a blank sketchbook. 

"thanks hima hima! you're the best!" he tells her, wrapping her in a hug. i glance at boruto. his eyes were softening, as if he started to accept inojin and hima. i then look away, focusing on the two lovebirds. once everyone stops looking at them, i see inojin give her a small kiss on her cheek. 

too. cute. 

"sarada? hello?" bolt says, squeezing my palm. 

"yeah?" i ask, squeezing his palm back. 

"wanna ditch? i'm getting tired of waiting." he asks. 

"seriously? it's christmas!" i remind him. 

"i know. come on, it's only like 10 minutes!" he pleads. 

i give in, getting up. we both leave the living room floor, getting looks from inojin and hima. a buzz comes from my phone, yet i ignored it. i knew it was mitsuki. 

mitsuki

be safe sarada, no babies! 

"okay, this really isn't the best way to say it, but, i love you sarada. and i know i say this a lot, but i still love you so much. and i know, it's not the best, but it's special to me and i want you to have it." he starts, holding both of my hands. he takes his screw necklace, passed down from auntie tsunade, to uncle naruto, to him, and now me. 

"wait, for me?" i ask, raising an eyebrow. i knew how special it was to bolt. when we were little, he'd cry whenever he was asked to take it off. 

"yes, for you! i don't see another salad around." he jokes. he places the screw necklace around me. 

i squeeze his hands, and give him a kiss.

right on the lips.

he kisses back, placing his hands around my waist. 

"i love you too." i tell him.

the end. 

-

-

-

-

-

-