chapter twenty three

boruto's pov

"cho says that you're in charge of picking all of us up by midnight so we can go to the beach." sarada says, reading cho-cho's message out loud. 

"aw come onnn." i whine. part of me was really excited though. i haven't snuck out for a while, so i need to polish my skills. 

"mhm. can you get me last? you know how strict papa is." she asks, placing her phone down. i nod. "of course. when's the last time you snuck out?" i ask, wondering about her life in america. 

"probably at that dance." she says, smiling. my eyes widen. 

"seriously? i thought you were a bad girl in the u.s." i tease. she rolls her eyes. "you seriously overestimate me, bolt." she laughs. 

"how was the u.s. like?" i ask. her eyes droop down and she thinks about it for a moment. 

"it was.. interesting." she replies. "the foods great. i was admired a lot. met some new people, and there it is." she concludes. i narrow my eyes at her as she stares at her feet. 

what happened in the u.s.?

"any booyyysss?" i tease, trying to lighten the mood. 

"yeah. one." she replies, cutting it short. my eyes widen. oops. 

"sorry if it brought back anything, i was just joking around." i apologize. she shakes her head. 

"no need to apologize, bolt." she shows a small smile. we then drive off in complete silence. 

1 hour and 12 minutes..

sarada's phone starts ringing. she looks at the contact, and her eyes brighten up. 

"hey mama!" 

"mhm. bolt's driving me home right now." 

"mamaaaaaaaa." 

"yeah. we have," she looks at my phone. "an hour and 12 minutes left." 

"it's just us two. why?" 

"ugh, mamaaaa." she laughs. 

"kay. i'll tell him." 

"bye! see you in.. an hour and 11 minutes! tell papa i said hi!" 

"love you too." 

"mama invited you, hima, uncle naruto and auntie hinata to our house for dinner." she says. i nod.

"i know it's a burden, but could ya text hima for me?" i sheepishly grin. she nods and smiles. "don't worry. it's not a burden, just keep your eyes on the road." she reminds. i groan. 

"but you're so prettyyyy." i flirt. her cheeks turn bright red as she whips out her phone, texting hima. i laugh.

"i know i am. eyes on the road." she scolds. i groan. "aww, is that the only reaction i gottt." i whine. she smacks the back of my head. 

"don't try to flirt with me now, uzumaki." she groans, taking her other hand of off mine. i pout. "that is so mean, sa-ra-da!" i tease her more. she groans another time and starts texting hima. due to her request, i keep my eyes on the road more than i usually would. 

"yay, you finally listened!" she shakes her head. i laugh as she places her phone back in her pocket, her eyes also looking on the road.

59 minutes..

"be honest," i say. she nods her head and gives me a confused look. "did i make this your best road trip yet?" i ask. she puts on a thinking face, pretending that she was thinking.