chapter twenty

sarada's pov

[ time skip, friday of thanksgiving break ] 

i sat in between cho-cho and shikadai as we all gathered around the table, discussing the last minute plans of thanksgiving break. 

"okay. friendsgiving on wednesday, the day before thanksgiving break. then we have a sleepover until saturday, since we're all celebrating thanksgiving with all of us and our parents, on thursday. on friday, it's black friday, which is the day where we cho-cho goes on a crazy shopping spree, which we have to attend. then, saturday we hangout with our parents. sunday we go home, and bam. end of thanksgiving break." shikadai concludes.

"i do NOT go on a crazy shopping spree!" cho-cho says. "plus, this year i have sarada! more fun than shopping with the devil." she continues. i wince, sumire being brought up. inojin who sat across from me noticed. he sent me a concerned look.  

"okay. tomorrow we'll be home!" bolt says, happily. i smile and stand up from my seat. "oh yeah, oniichan, i'm gonna carpool with inojin and mitsuki." hima reminds him. he groans. "why not with me? i'm awesome!" he flatters himself. 

"you're funny boruto." inojin says, chuckling. shikadai nods in agreement, muttering "so true." under his breath.

"saladdd! tell him he's wrong." bolt pouts, walking over to me. i roll my eyes, sliding my glasses up. "he's not wrong. anyways, i'm gonna do some last minute packing." i announce, motioning the dorms. 

"i'll come with." inojin says, getting up. i knew that it was going to be a lot of catching up and a lot of teases coming up. 

"have fun you two! remember ino, movie night tonight!" cho-cho yells. he puts his arm up and waves. we both walk up to the dorms. 

"soo.. you and sumire huh?" he asks, walking behind me. i shrug. he picks up the pace, ending up right next to me. "wanna tell your big bro everything?" he asks. i groan and start spilling everything. 

"i haven't forgiven her since that whole incident. and she's really annoying about everything i guess. she also doesn't know how lucky she is. i'm in freaking love with boruto, and she can do everything i can't. she can kiss those lips, sleep with him, go on dates with him.." 

"it just makes me so upset. if only i could do everything she could do. but it's wrong. i'm still dating shohei.. and i shouldn't be in love with bolt. but i don't know, it's just everything about him.. his messy hair, his voice when he wakes up.." 

inojin's eyes widen. we reach my dorm and he opens the dorm. he smiles one of his huge, genuine smiles. 

"don't worry smarts. you'll see soon." he smiles, patting my head. i groan. "you're really annoying. what would i get?" i ask, trying to find bolt's hoodie somewhere in my drawers. 

"in all due time.." he starts, making us burst into laughter. 

"also, why are you and hima driving alone?" i ask, switching the topic to him. his eyes widen, his cheeks turning slight pink. "wh-what do you mean? we're going to be with mitsuki." he lies. i roll my eyes. 

"you're really bad at lying. last time i checked with him, he was going with cho-cho and shikadai." i say, smiling. "now, tell me EVERYTHING!" i squeal.

at the end of my packing, i figured out 2 things. inojin and hima have been dating for 2 months, hiding it from bolt. second off, they're so in love, it's literally gross. 

"welp, i better head back now." inojin says. i look at the clock, the time being 7:23 pm. time really does go by fast. 

"have fun! and remember what we talked about." i glare. he laughs and puts his hands up. "hey, you should know that you could expose me too. anyways, i'll see you tomorrow morning." he says, going to the door.