chapter twenty nine

boruto's pov 

a buzz comes from my phone. i pick it up and see it's from mitsuki. 

snake boy

code 405, spotted leaving home 

boruto

whaaaat?

oops. that was supposed to go to inojin 

uh okay

sumire & i broke up

oh im sorry for that 

wait i g2g, ill text u later

read 2:19 pm 

code 405? seriously? what is this guy talking about? 

sarada's pov 

i scribble a few things down, as i hear a figure come up the stairs. assuming it was papa, i continued scribbling my chemistry notes down.

"still studying?" a friendly voice asks, plopping down on my bed. 

"shut up inojin. i want a good grade." i say, rolling my eyes. i continue on my notes, not looking at him. 

"it's not inojin. it's mitsuki." he replies, with a hurt look on his face. my face drops to an 'o'. he then breaks into laughter. "don't worry, i know how focused you are during your studies." mitsuki smiles. i place my pencil on the desk. 

"what's up?" i asked, facing him. he looked at me, a bright smile on his face. taking a sip of water, he starts talking. 

"sumire and boruto broke up." he said. my eyes widened. 

what?

they broke up? 

is this my chance? 

"THEY DID!?" i shout, asking him. he nods, grabbing his phone. he then shows me a text from boruto, stating that they broken up. 

this is my chance! 

no sarada, he just got out of a relationship. how's that fair to sumire?

"code 405?" i ask, raising an eyebrow. he bursts into laughter, nodding. i shake my head and plop down next to him. 

"anyways, it's your chance sarada! don't be shy." he laughs, brushing his shoulder against mine. i give him a confused look. "you know, asking him out. i think we all know you two like each other." 

"whaaat?! i do NOT like him." i lie, trying to act surprised. mitsuki laughs as he goes into his camera roll, showing me every single picture he got of us. 

"sure, sa-ra-da. believe what you want. but i recommend you take the chance. not now, but y'know, in a week. month." he says, placing his phone back into his pocket. i nod and tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear. 

"remember, i'm always here for you. mitsuki, the matchmaker!" he teases. we both start laughing, as he gets up. "anyways, i should get going. see ya tomorrow!" he waves, leaving. i wave back to him, as i plop back on my desk. 

picking up the pencil, i wave it around. i force myself to focus on my studies, but my mind could only wonder around bolt. 

my chance. 

you can do this. soon. 

he likes you. 

right? 

"sarada! come down for dinner!" mama yells. i place my pencil down, closing my red notebook. i slide on bolt's hoodie, and run downstairs. 

"i'm here!" i call, going into the kitchen. mama smiles as she places a bowl of spaghetti in front of me. i brought it out to the dining room, a container of dango sitting on the table. 

mama brought herself a bowl of spaghetti, sitting next to me. as i twirled my spaghetti onto my fork, mama noticed my hoodie. 

"where'd you get the hoodie?" she asks, smiling. i could feel my cheeks warming up, turning dark red. 

"bolt." i reply, munching on my spaghetti. she winks at me. "better tell hinata about this!" she laughs, dashing to the kitchen. 

in a matter of time, papa came downstairs. he sat next to me, eating some dango. he then notices the uzumaki design on the back of my hoodie. 

"that small, yellow dobe." he mutters, going near me. poking my forehead, he leaves the dining room. my mind wanders back to bolt, as if on cue.

definitely. i'm sure he likes me back. 

boruto's pov 

dang it sarada.. 

"BORUTO! are you even listening?" mom and hima yell in unison. i groan, shifting my attention back to them and their presentation. 

"sarada doesn't like red roses. too cliche. so when you do get her flowers, i recommend very light pink roses. or white roses." hima says, pointing to a chart of flowers. 

what the heck? i already knew that. 

"you have to treat her with respect. when you ARE dating, there's a bunch of ideas for those dates. the first one could be at the beach, but a movie's more cliche.." mom trails off, probably thinking of her first date with my old man. 

i think sarada would prefer listening to one direction and eating in-n-out at the beach..

"ooh! maybe you could get her a plushie. not a bear of course, sarada isn't a huge fan of those cliche things. you could get her something funny, like a lion! or a tomato as a joke.." hima continues. 

seriously? i was thinking of getting a monkey.

"you guys.. this is unnecessary, ya know? i know sarada better than anyone in the world. i think i got it." i tell them. 

"LISTEN TO WHAT HE SAID!" hima squeals, clutching onto mom's arms. they both start jumping around like high school girls after getting chocolate. 

this was going to be a long day..

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

chapter twenty nine - done! 

author's note -

hey guys! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. i really liked writing the little teases from hinata and himawari. :))

i do NOT own the naruto / boruto series.

word count - 872 

have a great day and stay safe! <3