chapter twenty eight

boruto's pov 

[ 2 days later ] 

inojin's words echoed through my mind every single second of the day. 

do you like sarada?

i knew i loved her. but if i really did, then why was i having second thoughts about it? 

why was i still with sumire if i loved her so much? 

[ flashback - the night of the beach ] 

"you don't need to answer right away, but i just wanna know." inojin reassures me. i nod and us 3 stand in silence. 

why was i still with sumire if i loved sarada?

"at this rate, you're practically playing with her feelings if you can't reply in 10 minutes." inojin says, breaking the silence. i look up at him, then at mitsuki. mitsuki slowly nods, agreeing with inojin.

"i'm sorry boruto, but i agree with inojin. if you sincerely like her, why are you with sumire? why are you taking so long to answer?" 

"i don't know." 

[ present time ] 

i stared at my ceiling, thinking back to that night even more. 

i never thought of it as playing with her feelings. 

how did sarada feel?

a knock comes at my door, and i get up. placing my hands into the pockets of my black sweats, i open the door. to my surprise, it's sumire.

"sumire?! what are you doing here?!" i say, my eyes widening. her purple hair was neatly tied into a braid, her bangs covering her forehead. her eyes were serious as she walked in, sitting on my bed.

"i came to talk to you." she replies, placing her hands on her lap. i nod, closing the door. i then sit next to her, as she takes a deep breath. she places her hands to the necklace that she wore, the one i got her when i said i loved her.

"i heard about lots of things from your mom. she phoned me yesterday night." she started, taking another deep breath. she removed the necklace from her neck and placed it into the palm of my hand. 

i knew what was coming. 

"i knew for a fact you loved sarada ever since she came. i knew you'd fall for her. so i made it my role to prevent that, since i was also in love with you." she continued, putting her hands back into her lap. 

"after hearing everything from your mom, i knew i can't prevent it anymore. i want you to be happy. i don't want you trapped in your room thinking between sarada and i. you may not love me anymore, but i still do. if she makes you happy, then i'm fine with it." 

"so in conclusion," she concludes, swallowing. "we're over." she nodded. 

i never had a break up before, so i really didn't know how to handle it.

"sumire.. thank you. i was contemplating between the both of you, and i think everything i did to sarada, is considered cheating." i finally said. 

"i'm sorry. and thank you. although i lost feelings, we can still be friends, right?" i asked, looking into her eyes. she nodded, a small smile tugging at her lips. 

"as long as you're happy. i wish the best for you and sarada. tell her that i said sorry for everything, alright?" she asked, the small smile appearing more. i nodded as she got up, and stood in front of me.

"thank you, boruto." she said, leaving the room. 

now all there was left was one thing to do... 

but did i really want to do it now? after i just broke up with someone 2 minutes ago? 

i'll do it in a few weeks. 

nothing could go wrong, right?

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

chapter twenty eight - done!

author's note -

hey everyone! i'm back. i hope you enjoyed this chapter! :))

i do NOT own naruto / boruto.

word count - 607 

stay safe! i love you guys so so much. <3